Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if... The United States Greenlighted Iraq's Invasion of Kuwait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    If anyone would be interesting in gaming it out, I would be willing to operate as game-master for it.

We would need a Kuwaiti Commander, a Saudi Commander, an Iraqi Commander, and I would decide the policy of Jordan, Syria, and Iran based on the flow of the war itself.
    So is this for the US actually backing Iraq, or just staying out of it? Because I think the latter might be more plausible.

Plus, you might need to consider Israel and to a lesser extent Turkey. Saddam was no friend of Israel, and if he started marching across Arabia conquering stuff, Israel might feel a tad threatened, hey?

Comment

Plausible? Saddam would not have gone into Saudi then, the US would not stand for that.

I would like to play the Iraqi General, and see if I could grab enough territory before the 82nd could arrive where it wanted to.
      Last one to Mecca is a rotten egg!
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Honestly, I don't see how (or why) the US would green-light the annexation of Kuwait (which is different than green-lighting the invasion- mind you!). Take into consideration that the USG and various US commercial entities made a huge profit from the 1st American War (Iraqi name for Desert Storm). KSA bankrolled the entire American war effort, with a decent profit margin attached to the final price for services rendered. And commercial US interests (such as construction and defense companies) made a bundle on the region following the war result. So why in the world would the US put Saddam in a position ahead of all those wonderful profits? To do so would be- let's face it- un-American.

And no, Saddam really learned his lesson during the Imposed War (Iranian name for Iran-Iraq War). Even when his forces managed to gain the upper hand in 1988 (partly due to the Americanization of the war effort), he had no stomach whatsoever for another attempted conquest of Khuzestan.

Comment

Actually, the US government thought it broke even in the First Gulf War. Later figures showed we put out more than we got. This is a departure from the past were we paid for everything. Since we did not replace all the munitions and spare parts we used, that means we spent more. The problem is which bookkeeper do you use? The right bookkeeper give you what you wanted to hear. That is how some get to see jail.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by علامت پیروز View Post
            Honestly, I don't see how (or why) the US would green-light the annexation of Kuwait (which is different than green-lighting the invasion- mind you!). Take into consideration that the USG and various US commercial entities made a huge profit from the 1st American War (Iraqi name for Desert Storm). KSA bankrolled the entire American war effort, with a decent profit margin attached to the final price for services rendered. And commercial US interests (such as construction and defense companies) made a bundle on the region following the war result. So why in the world would the US put Saddam in a position ahead of all those wonderful profits? To do so would be- let's face it- un-American.

And no, Saddam really learned his lesson during the Imposed War (Iranian name for Iran-Iraq War). Even when his forces managed to gain the upper hand in 1988 (partly due to the Americanization of the war effort), he had no stomach whatsoever for another attempted conquest of Khuzestan.
            I am not positive Saddam wouldnt of tried another go at Iran five or so years after he got Kuwait. He would of been that much richer and been able to buy more and better equipment.

Comment

The war was never Americanized, Iran received shipments from America, but that hardly means we were taking over the war, Jeez!

Iraq has an Americanized Army now, hopefully one string enough to resist invasion and deal with Terrorism at the same time.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X