Germany develops underwater assault craft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany develops underwater assault craft

Knowing that war with England is coming and that there is no way His navy would stand a chance of invading England, Admiral Raeder commisions a new type of U-Boat. Dubbed the Undersea Side Imbarcation Transport (U-SIT), this vehicle would have a shallow draft to navigate English rivers, and a side mounted vehicle ramp large enough to accomodate 2-3 Panzers and a supply vehicle. Their primary targets would be RAF fighter bases around England, in prelude of an Airborne Invasion to be launced once Western Europe is secured.
    "America has gone to hell since John Wayne died". - Al Bundy

"One finger is all any real American needs"

"A gesture is worth a thousand words - but you usually only need two"

Uh oh

Comment

Would they have had ray guns.? Please let them have ray guns, that would be so cool!!!

Comment

Comment

Why arn't memebers taking this thread seriously?

Would they have had ray guns.? Please let them have ray guns, that would be so cool!!!
          Not only Germans had ray guns,Germans had four types of ray guns,I am pretty sure germans would have shard there ray guns with you brits,since you brits only had one type of ray gun.

Comment

Originally posted by mojolocobell99 View Post
            Dubbed the Undersea Side Imbarcation Transport (U-SIT)
            Why have the Germans started giving their units English names? Particularly when it's easy to come up with comedy names in German.

I suggest the correct German name would be Unterseepanzerkampfwagensturmtrager or literally Under-Sea Armoured Battle Vehicle Assault Carrier.

The correct designation for the version with a ray-gun would be
            Unterseepanzerkampfwagensturmtrager Ausf B mit Strahlenkanone.

German is such a poetic language when describing fictional machines of destruction.
            My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

Indeed you are right. I believe the German for a bra is ein bosomhalter!

Comment

Und zen, aftur ve have establiztz zuh bridgehead ve kan alzo yus zee Unterseepanzerkampfwagensturmtrager Ausf B mit Strahlenkanone to tow zee concrete pontoon zectionz into place between Kalais und Dover zo zee rrrrrrrrest uf zuh armee can goozstep acrooz zee kanal.

Oh,...bi zee vey,.... zuh roketenschiff mit die warp drive und das 'photon torpedo' can azzist vit zhooting down zuh RAF und zinking zuh Rrrrrroyal Navee,... nein?
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                  Indeed you are right. I believe the German for a bra is ein bosomhalter!
                  Ja,... und zeh kom in different models, alzo:

Die grossebosomhalter fur der heavy combat mit die barmaid at oktoberfest und die klienebosomhalter for the rrrrromps mit der farmers junge daughter after zie harvest.
                  The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

MMaawwhhaa....This thread is a joke!

Comment

Why is a German sub transport so imposible?

Japan produced a sub that could carry seaplane bombers, why could Germany not adapt that design for commando ops?

and ray guns...really, lets talk particle beams
                      "America has gone to hell since John Wayne died". - Al Bundy

"One finger is all any real American needs"

"A gesture is worth a thousand words - but you usually only need two"

Comment

Presentation is everything Mr. Bell, and like me sometimes, you blew your concept when you posted.

This kind of craft would only be useful in ferrying spec ops in Britian. They could not possibily be enough to mount an invasion and so dumping infantry and tanks into the mix. I don't think the Spec ops concept exsisted in the minds of pre-WWII officers of any military. They eveolved out of the wartime SAS.

In Russia, these things, if they could be built, could be useful to establishing bridgeheads in the rivers of Russia, but how much this would effect either Babarossa, or the Soviet counter-offensives of 43-45. I can't say.
                        How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
                        275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Originally posted by ELLE View Post
                          MMaawwhhaa....This thread is a joke!
                          Elle's got it!

Originally posted by Wolery View Post
                          Presentation is everything Mr. Bell, and like me sometimes, you blew your concept when you posted.
                          As have we all

Comment

Unterseepanzerkuh maybe....?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X