What do you do?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do?!

You have four Abrams tanks. You're in downtown Baghdad and come under attack by infantry and light vehicles swarming in. Tank-busting IEDs are all over the place. Tall buildings all around. Air support is tied up elsewhere in a nationwide insurrection.

WHAT DO YOU DO?!

Originally posted by AThousandYoung View Post
    You have four Abrams tanks. You're in downtown Baghdad and come under attack by infantry and light vehicles swarming in. Tank-busting IEDs are all over the place. Tall buildings all around. Air support is tied up elsewhere in a nationwide insurrection.

WHAT DO YOU DO?!

How do you dream up such crap? you are living your little world of make believe again! No one can seriously answer such a question, without being in the actual situation, if you are lucky and you make the right choice, ON THE SPOT, you are laughing. Sitting at a computor is not in the slightest bit like real life, in real life there are often just moments between life and death!! This is not the spot to play your Arm Chair games.
    'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Thread moved to Alternate Timelines

ACG Staff
      On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
        How do you dream up such crap? you are living your little world of make believe again! No one can seriously answer such a question, without being in the actual situation, if you are lucky and you make the right choice, ON THE SPOT, you are laughing. Sitting at a computor is not in the slightest bit like real life, in real life there are often just moments between life and death!! This is not the spot to play your Arm Chair games.
        I'm sorry, I thought this was Arm Chair General. What was their address again?

Comment

Originally posted by AThousandYoung View Post

WHAT DO YOU DO?!

Call for Mommy and
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Easy.

Kick myself in the head for going into a built up area with armor and no infantry. If I get back to the FOB, I will resign my commission or give up my rank, which ever appropriate, since I have no business leading men in combat.
            If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Call the Ghostbusters?

Put your foot down on the accelator (OK tanks don't have acelrator pedals. Figure of speech.) and get out of Dodge as fast as you can!

Comment

Thank God I had enough sense to enlist in the Navy....

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Thank God I had enough sense to enlist in the Navy....
                  Uh huh.... this one sounds kinda like patroling the Sunda passage when Krakatoa pops its cork, eh?

Well, in an ambush, you generally gun it and turn a 70-tons tank into the ultimate battering ram. Sounds better than running home and crying to mommy like a little REMF, anyhow.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

More like being on shore leave on Krakatoa to me....

Comment

You wake yourself up!

Paul
                      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                      All human ills he can subdue,
                      Or with a bauble or medal
                      Can win mans heart for you;
                      And many a blessing know to stew
                      To make a megloamaniac bright;
                      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment