WWII: Could Stalin have made peace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolery View Post
    Monty. STFU. I trust my professors more than I trust you. Go to stormfront and look up a thread on Holocaust denial, and then re-read everything you've said. Even they can drag out 'respected historians' mostly David Irving, who can vouch for a no Holocaust perspective. Read it, and then try to look yourself in the mirror.
    Nice one. I've provided you with links and facts, all you've done is link to a disputed web page and insult me.

Here's Mark Tauger's current job and contact details. Maybe you could call him and tell him he's like David Irving. I'm sure he'd appreciate your comments.

http://www.as.wvu.edu/history/Faculty/Tauger/

Here, so that everyone else can see the comparison that our friend here is making, is the site of 'historian' David Irving. http://www.fpp.co.uk/

I don't feel the need to add any more, it's so silly it's embarrassing.
    Signing out.

Comment

I tell you what: the day the all major networks break the story that the Holodomor was a fabrication of some anti-communist and/or Ukrainian cabal based on the exasgeration of a real famine caused by beaucratic bungling, then I'll beleive you and appologize to you in PM and in the politics section.

As of right now, that story is the EXACT explanation of the 'true origins of the Holocaust myth' I read at Stromfornt. Every major point in your story can be taken from them, just switch Commies with Nazis. I hope you understand why I am less than convinced and more than a little angry.
      How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
      275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Originally posted by Wolery View Post
        As of right now, that story is the EXACT explanation of the 'true origins of the Holocaust myth' I read at Stromfornt. Every major point in your story can be taken from them, just switch Commies with Nazis. I hope you understand why I am less than convinced and more than a little angry.
        I don't particularly care whether you're angry and I couldn't give a rats ass whether you apologise or not, it just isn't important (no offence intended or taken for that matter). I gave the Potato Famine genocide myth because it fits the Ukraine story like a glove - especially with emigres fleeing and the stories they told about the evil English trying to wipe out the Irish. What I do care about is that I went to some trouble to dig up the appropriate named historians, people who (unlike Irving) are properly accredited, and you've gone off the deep end as if they're as whacko as those who deny the Holocaust, without even reading them. Now I've seen photographs of Ukrainian villagers suffering and it's truly tragic but until recent years the scale of it and the causes were the subject of speculation. When I was at Uni (1994-1998) documentary evidence from the old Soviet archives was just being processed by the likes of Mark Tauger. They are still being worked over now. It's why the death figures for WW2 and Stalin's years of being General Secretary have been steadily revised downwards. What was held as 'true' fifteen years ago is now in dispute across the board and God forbid if anyone still believes the stories that went around when the Cold War was ongoing. But don't believe me, I'm no Delphine Oracle spouting truth and wisdom, read Tauger, Steve Smith (one of my old Professors) or any other historians who work at the 'cutting edge' of research into Russian/Soviet History. If you wait for the TV networks to put up a story about a revised opinion on one of the lesser known mass-starvation events of the 20th Century you'll be waiting a long time I fear.
        Signing out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X