No announcement yet.

The Nazi Regime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a successor to Hitler Bormann is worth considering. You never hear much about him but I get the impression he was one of the few senior nazis who didn't have grotesque personality defects. I'd quite believe him really running things with an elderly Fuhrer remaining as a figure head.

Comment

Originally posted by peter_sym View Post
      For a successor to Hitler Bormann is worth considering. You never hear much about him but I get the impression he was one of the few senior nazis who didn't have grotesque personality defects. I'd quite believe him really running things with an elderly Fuhrer remaining as a figure head.
      Interesting idea... but once Hitler wasn't there any more, Borman would be the very first guy I would want to string up, if I were anyone BUT Borman!
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

So many nazis... so little rope

I like the Bormann idea because he did seem content to sit in the shadows plotting. Of the lot of them he seems the only 1940's era nazi who would be content to be the real power in the country but keep a low profile.

Comment

As long as Hitler lives Nazi Europe will be run BADLY. However, Hitler does have one advantage over Stalin in management. Because he is occupying and actively wants to depopulate much of the East, he does not have to allocate much consumer goods, like FOOD, to parts of the population. As the population declines, even less is needed. If Hitler is smart, he will take a page from Stalin and Holomor the entirety of Russia in the winter a year or two after victory. While evil, it allows Hitler plausible deniability that the famine is not actually his fault, just lazy, recalcitrant Slavs, and gives him an excuse to move MORE SS there to eliminate the populace and any pocket of food supplies. A well run operation could depopulate European Russia on a scale the camps could never hope to reach. In short, Germany's economy has WAY more resources than Germany (or other Axis) needs, and they don't have to pretend they care is the occupied suffer while living relatively high on the hog.

Question is: how long can the Nazis hold it. I don't think the Commonwealth, the US, and even Mussolini wants to find out. There will be MASSIVE collusion between US and UK Intel services, possibly bringing in Italy the rump USSR, and possibly Vichy France if useful. What they will do is wait until Hitler gets aling from whatever. They will try and fuse a coalition between the two most powerful non-Nazi factions in the Reich: the Army and the domestic Police, and arm them with whatever they need to coup. See, the army's going to be mostly outside the country and will take a while to move back to Berlin. The police MUST be made to rise up after Hitler's death or the Nazi infighting will cause a REAL civil war. The police, theoretically, can take on the non-Waffen SS, and win, but even if they don't, they buy the army time and chaos to move in for the kill.

I wouldn't dismiss a Nazi Kruchev though. Who the Hell heard of Kruschev before Stalin's death?! The biggest issue for Nazi continuance is that the Politburo had elective powers, so all the big boys had a say, Hitler wanted to pick his successor by fiat. Never a good idea in politics.

Bad times all around.
          Last edited by Wolery; 06 Aug 09, 11:37.
          How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
          275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X