No announcement yet.

Presidential amnesty leads Frank and Jesse James to White House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't think the scenario would have had a chance of playing out like you want it to......former Confederates making the White House was simply not going to happen. Not even Robert E. Lee could have run for President & won-& he was by & far more respected than either of those 2. Though somewhat popular, these men were cold blooded killers-not the "Robin Hood" of popular literature. These men had participated in & perpetuated some very heinous crimes. Again, while some found that to be interesting, that does not in any shape, form, or fashion translate into the kind of political clout that would vault them to the head of the party.
    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

The wild west was Americas most romantacized time where anything was possible

Originally posted by hellboy30 View Post
      I just don't think the scenario would have had a chance of playing out like you want it to......former Confederates making the White House was simply not going to happen. Not even Robert E. Lee could have run for President & won-& he was by & far more respected than either of those 2. Though somewhat popular, these men were cold blooded killers-not the "Robin Hood" of popular literature. These men had participated in & perpetuated some very heinous crimes. Again, while some found that to be interesting, that does not in any shape, form, or fashion translate into the kind of political clout that would vault them to the head of the party.
      If a down and out drunk could ascend to the white house on a sea of corpses, why not anyone else? Money has always bought everything, especially the presidency, and the James Brothers knew how to get it.

Money changing hands can go along way, how else do you explain the Denver Broncos winning two superbowls
      "America has gone to hell since John Wayne died". - Al Bundy

"One finger is all any real American needs"

"A gesture is worth a thousand words - but you usually only need two"

Comment

Originally posted by mojolocobell99 View Post
        If a down and out drunk could ascend to the white house on a sea of corpses, why not anyone else? Money has always bought everything, especially the presidency, and the James Brothers knew how to get it.

Money changing hands can go along way, how else do you explain the Denver Broncos winning two superbowls
        Who is the down & out drunk who ascended on a sea of corpses?

The only money they could use would be money they got from a bank robbery-neither had any "family money". Somehow I don't think the nation will let them fund their political machine on stolen money.
        The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Snowballs chance in Hades.

And I'd still bet for the Snowball over the James Ticket for President.

I agree that Aliens attacking the Empire is far more plausible.

I'd almost say that the Empire invading Earth is got a better shot.

Some what ifs are thought provoking, some are good, some are iffy.......

and then some are just a couple miles out there.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

that last line sounds like the Clinton's whitewater scam

Originally posted by hellboy30 View Post
            Who is the down & out drunk who ascended on a sea of corpses?

The only money they could use would be money they got from a bank robbery-neither had any "family money". Somehow I don't think the nation will let them fund their political machine on stolen money.
            In a country where Nixon and Clinton were two term presidents why could not even more famous criminals become president?
            "America has gone to hell since John Wayne died". - Al Bundy

"One finger is all any real American needs"

"A gesture is worth a thousand words - but you usually only need two"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X