British Guards Armoured "Firefly" division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Guards Armoured "Firefly" division

What if the British had taken a page from the german and russian notebooks and had heavily boosted the proportion of "Fireflys" in their WW2 Guards armoured division?
    This would have concentrated heavy AT fires in one asset and may have enabled more aggressive deployments ...
    Operations in Normandy and breakout may have been enhanced, less clear would the divisions effectiveness in the Arnhem campaign?
    As an addendum to this "what-if" , What if about a thousand aircrew had been conscripted to this divisions armoured regiment from Bomber command..[i.e. cherry-picked crew for the fireflys]

Re: British Guards Armoured "Firefly" division

Originally posted by Tcanuck
    What if the British had taken a page from the german and russian notebooks and had heavily boosted the proportion of "Fireflys" in their WW2 Guards armoured division?
    This would have concentrated heavy AT fires in one asset and may have enabled more aggressive deployments ...
    Operations in Normandy and breakout may have been enhanced, less clear would the divisions effectiveness in the Arnhem campaign?
    As an addendum to this "what-if" , What if about a thousand aircrew had been conscripted to this divisions armoured regiment from Bomber command..[i.e. cherry-picked crew for the fireflys]
    I thought there were enough production problems for the approximate 60 "fireflys" that were produced. The reality is that for armor production the allies won with quantity over quality.
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X