NATO doesn't challenge USSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post

The Chinese Communist Party has full political control. The only concessions the USA required and still requires of ANYONE it works with is that they let American corporations make money.
    Really? What about the US relations with modern Iran, North Korea and Cuba? The USA have no political demands to these states and do not prohibit American corporations to work there?

China was in absolutely different situation when it switched to capitalism compared to the post-war USSR. Why should the US (with its monopoly on nukes and the biggest economy) let the post-war devastated USSR to keep control in the Eastern Europe, develop its nuclear program or tolerate the rot Soviet political system that collapsed on its own in a few decades?
    Last edited by Shamil; 09 Feb 09, 11:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil View Post
      Really? What about the US relations with modern Iran, North Korea and Cuba? The USA have no political demands to these states and do not prohibit American corporations to work there?
      LOL. Like those regimes are willing and eager!

China was in absolutely different situation when it switched to capitalism compared to the post-war USSR. Why should the US (with its monopoly on nukes and the biggest economy) let the post-war devastated USSR to keep control in the Eastern Europe, develop its nuclear program or tolerate the rot Soviet political system that collapsed on its own in a few decades?
      They would tolerate it as long as it made them money. Just like they tolerated everything about the 1990's Russia.

"We don't care if he is a bastard, as long as he is our bastard" I believe Henry Kissenger said that.

Seriously, you are done Shamil. I will no longer respond to your posts in this thread. Go have a cup of tea.

Comment

Great post form PP(est). I found this especially interesting-

5. The arms race culminated in the agent Farewell incident which IMHO is the single defining moment of the cold war. It is amazing it hasn't got more attention. I trust Tom Hanks to follow up his Charlie Wilson's war with a movie about this.

What else do you have on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
          LOL. Like those regimes are willing and eager!
          Lol. Present-day Iran and Cuba allowed in different Western corporations. They'll be happy to allow in the US corporations as well if they were not demanded to make political and military concessions in exchange. The North Korea does not mind to follow the path of China either, however, it is demaned to abandon its nuclear program, missiles projects and start political reforms.

They would tolerate it as long as it made them money. Just like they tolerated everything about the 1990's Russia.
          1990s Russia abandoned the idea of being political, ideological, military rival of the USA and withdrew all its troops from Eastern Europe and most of the former Soviet republics.

Seriously, you are done Shamil. I will no longer respond to your posts in this thread. Go have a cup of tea.
          You've broken my heart.
          Last edited by Shamil; 10 Feb 09, 00:05.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X