replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    Tanks driven by whale oil?
    coal burning stoves....

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by skoblin View Post
    4. If the German army of 1941 met the French Army of 1870 at Sedan, would the German army use their tanks? Would they win?
    Tanks driven by whale oil?

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles W View Post
    What do you think would happen if the 1941 Japanese fleet that was to attack Pearl Harbor found itself near Russia, in the year 1905? Would it attack? Would it use its planes? And what of the 1905 Japanese Fleet? What would their reaction be?
    1. If the Japanese went to war in 1905 with their 1905 fleet, why would they not go to war in 1905, with their 1941 fleet?

2. If the Japanese successfully defeated the Russian 1905 fleet, would not the 1941 fleet have also defeated the Russians?

3. If the Japanese had planes in 1905, why wouldn't they use them? Why did they build them if they did not intend to use them?

4. If the German army of 1941 met the French Army of 1870 at Sedan, would the German army use their tanks? Would they win?
    Last edited by Skoblin; 26 Jan 09, 23:04.

Leave a comment:

• IDonT4
    replied
    The 1941 fleet in1905 would give Japan control of Asia. No combination of navies could threaten it. They would have kept Manchuria, kick out the British, Dutch, French, Germans and Americans in Asia. Next would be China and maybe India.

The battleship force alone would destroy the existing pre-dreadnaught fleets of the time not to mention the 6 cariers.

Leave a comment:

• A7V
    replied
    this is like the 1946 US Fleet vs the 1941 Japanese post. It doesn't make sense. None of the alternate history I have read is like this. Science Fiction like Eric Flint where he moved that west virginia town to the 1600's but I don't consider that alternate history or alternate timeline.

I maybe I am missing the point

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    Originally posted by ChuckW View Post
    Well, I guess I should have mentioned that there being only 36 years between fleets, you might have some folks ( Yamamoto for one ) that were in both fleets. Secondly, how would Admiral Yamoto(sp) of the 1905 Japanese Fleet react to seeing 'his' *Z* flag on another ship?

Third, suppose the 1905 Japanese Fleet suddenly found itself heading towards Pearl?<vbg>

Hmm now if the 1905 fleet joined the 41 fleet would be interesting. Do they sacrifce themselves by sailing to Pearl and do as much damage as they could with naval gunfire or can they go back to Japan and be refitted.

Leave a comment:

• Tyramon
    replied
    *facepalm*

Leave a comment:

• ChuckW
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
    Of course they would us their aircraft. Why not? This a very confusing post. 41 and 05 Japanese fleets against the 05 Russian fleet. Is this correct? Japan wins both.
    Well, I guess I should have mentioned that there being only 36 years between fleets, you might have some folks ( Yamamoto for one ) that were in both fleets. Secondly, how would Admiral Yamoto(sp) of the 1905 Japanese Fleet react to seeing 'his' *Z* flag on another ship?

Third, suppose the 1905 Japanese Fleet suddenly found itself heading towards Pearl?<vbg>

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Science Fiction, perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Of course they would us their aircraft. Why not? This a very confusing post. 41 and 05 Japanese fleets against the 05 Russian fleet. Is this correct? Japan wins both.

Leave a comment:

• Charles W
    started a topic 1941 Japanese Fleet in 1905 Russia?

1941 Japanese Fleet in 1905 Russia?

What do you think would happen if the 1941 Japanese fleet that was to attack Pearl Harbor found itself near Russia, in the year 1905? Would it attack? Would it use its planes? And what of the 1905 Japanese Fleet? What would their reaction be?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X