Annie Oakly kills Archduke Ferdinand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie Oakly kills Archduke Ferdinand

I'm not sure if this story is real, but I once heard the Archduke Franz Ferdinand, while he visited America, saw Annie Oakly in the Wild Bill Cody's Wild West Show (or what ever it was called). Impressed by her marksmanship, he asks to participate in the show. He stands still with a cigarette in his mouth, waiting for her to fire. She is nervous, and had injured her arm the previous night. She puts her rifle over her shoulder, and looks in the mirror she is holding (she is firing backwards). She fires, and sends the cigarette flying, with the Archduke uninjured.

Is this story real? When and where did it happen? What if she had killed Ferdinand, or had injured him seriously, causing him to stay in the U.S. for medical treatment?
    "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Re: Annie Oakly kills Archduke Ferdinand

Originally posted by Bariman
    I'm not sure if this story is real, but I once heard the Archduke Franz Ferdinand, while he visited America, saw Annie Oakly in the Wild Bill Cody's Wild West Show (or what ever it was called). Impressed by her marksmanship, he asks to participate in the show. He stands still with a cigarette in his mouth, waiting for her to fire. She is nervous, and had injured her arm the previous night. She puts her rifle over her shoulder, and looks in the mirror she is holding (she is firing backwards). She fires, and sends the cigarette flying, with the Archduke uninjured.

Is this story real? When and where did it happen? What if she had killed Ferdinand, or had injured him seriously, causing him to stay in the U.S. for medical treatment?

Actually it was the Kiser not the Archduke, and she was nervous because she had been drinking the night before.:spill:
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

After the outbreak of WWI, she wrote to the Kiser Welhelm, asking for a second shot! He never wrote back.:thumb:.

Wouldn't have made a difference; i think it happend long before WWI.

Comment

It was Kaiser Wilhem but I doubt that World War I would begin since the United State's relationship wasn't so tense with Germany as Germany's relationship with the rest of Europe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X