kaiser vs. u.s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kaiser vs. u.s.

i read in military history awhile back that the kaiser had quite an ellaborite plan to invade the u.s. prior to ww1.considering he had the largest land based military in the world this could have proven to be most interesting.the u.s. at the time was not considered a power.if indeed it was thought of at all.if this invasion had seen a green light it most assuredly would have changed all our lives.
    i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

I'm not sure how he would have managed to transport the necessary troops to the USA.

Germany did offer Mexico Texas, New Mexico and California if my memory serves me right in return for their support against the Allies. That angered the US to say the least. Part of the reasons they joined the war.
    http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
      I'm not sure how he would have managed to transport the necessary troops to the USA.

Germany did offer Mexico Texas, New Mexico and California if my memory serves me right in return for their support against the Allies. That angered the US to say the least. Part of the reasons they joined the war.
      Yeah, that was "The Zimmerman Telegram" (or some similar name ). It was a pretty big deal at the time considering the trouble with Mexican Bandits/Terrorists on the US-Mexico Border during the WW1 years.
      Givin' you the scoop, the poop, the skinny and the scuttlebutt since 1969!

Comment

There's a book out, 1901 I think it is, thats about a US-German conflict in the early 1900s.
        If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Re: kaiser vs. u.s.

Originally posted by terry patterson
          i read in military history awhile back that the kaiser had quite an ellaborite plan to invade the u.s. prior to ww1.considering he had the largest land based military in the world this could have proven to be most interesting.the u.s. at the time was not considered a power.if indeed it was thought of at all.if this invasion had seen a green light it most assuredly would have changed all our lives.
          I think I must have read the same article you did. I was very surprised the Germans even considered invading the US. This was pre WW I (around 1907 if I remember correctly). Eastern cities definately would have been prime targets, but I doubt anything would have happened west of the Appalachians. It was definately a thought provoking article.
          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I read the same article,It had something to do with an altercation between ships of both countries in the South Pacific.
            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

A new book on this subject is called 1901 by Robert Conroy that covers the idea of a German invasion of the US.
              The Germans never really wanted our country, Kasier Bill just wanted us to turn over our newly won islands, that we had taken during the Spanish-American War in 1898, so he could use them as coaling stations and colonies for his vision of a worldwide Germanic Empire.
              TR's Great White Fleet of 1907-08 was in part to show Germany and more importantly Japan that we were indeed a world power and to leave us alone.

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
                I'm with you there.

Germany did offer Mexico Texas, New Mexico and California if my memory serves me right in return for their support against the Allies.
                Yes, the Zimmermann Memorandum

That angered the US to say the least. Part of the reasons they joined the war.
                Imperial Germany was even less prepared for amphibious operations than was Nazi Germany. The Nazis had only 23 miles of water to cross, Imperial Germany, more than 3000. You do the math.
                Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Originally posted by hogdriver
                  Imperial Germany was even less prepared for amphibious operations than was Nazi Germany. The Nazis had only 23 miles of water to cross, Imperial Germany, more than 3000. You do the math.
                  Actually at the time in question the High Seas Fleet probably was more capable of going 3000 miles than the Nazis were of crossing the Channel in 1940. Remember the Germans had far flung colonies in Africa and the Pacific with military and more importantly merchant ships to support them. The Versailles Treaty stripped them of these resources.
                  Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Re: kaiser vs. u.s.

Originally posted by terry patterson
                    OK you got me interested, now please tell me how they planned to pull this off? Thanks

Comment

Re: Re: kaiser vs. u.s.

Originally posted by Tiger1
                      OK you got me interested, now please tell me how they planned to pull this off? Thanks

I would guess they would use their fleet to smash ours, them invade with a whole lotta troops. They would concentrate on Washington, D.C., and major industrial centers. If they could capture the President and most if not all of Congress, then they could claim whatever territory from us in exchange for our govenment back. And we would probable have done it too, as the U.S. was very isolationist back then.
                      "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X