Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dec 31, 2008. USAF nukes several iranian nuclear facilities - what then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They haven't demonstrated the cultural maturity neccessary to manage nukes nor the inclination to be peaceful in keeping them so I see no reason to let them have any.
    Saying that have America? How many wars are they in and how many is Iran in? In the last 80ish years America has bombed 40 countries and is the only country to use nukes?
    "Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight."

Comment

I think Israel will be the one that solves this problem. I just hope that it is with conventional weapons. I just wish we could get the people who follow Islam to play nice with people that don't agree with them. I mean look at the Sunni vs Shia conflict. Both are Muslim factions who cheerfully blow each others mosques up. Religion of peace my arse. Sorry if I offended anyone, but I really am worried about these people possessing nukes.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        I think Israel will be the one that solves this problem. I just hope that it is with conventional weapons. I just wish we could get the people who follow Islam to play nice with people that don't agree with them. I mean look at the Sunni vs Shia conflict. Both are Muslim factions who cheerfully blow each others mosques up. Religion of peace my arse. Sorry if I offended anyone, but I really am worried about these people possessing nukes.
        Indeed. And welcome aboard Bwaha!

Is that your evil laugh? We once had a debate over whether Bwaha or Mwaha was the proper evil laugh.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

A pretty good discussion here, although the original question posed was asking what the result would in a "what-if". I don't think there is any chance at all of a tactical nuclear strike at Iran installations. Plenty of historical precedence to reflect on that leads me to that conclusion.
          Do I think that Iran would hand off a nuclear device to a terror group bent on attacking the US, if they had that capability? Yes. I just don't think they would risk it because one or two devices would kill a lot of people, but politically in the US it would ensure that hawks sweep out the doves and a retaliatory strike of at least equal proportions be delivered.

Although, I am attempting to apply sensible reactions to leaders who appear devoted to a theology. Western cultures are nearly incapable of assessing their reactions because the most secular of christians are still pragmatic. The same isn't true among muslims committed to Jihad.

Comment

Iranian Nuke

Have any of you done research on the type of bomb Iran is building? It's the Little Boy bomb. Very expensive and very dirty. That's why we went with plutonium bomb systems. My problem with such devices is you can make them man portable. It seems to me that if we let them have these bombs we will rue it.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X