The battle of Quebec won by France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The battle of Quebec won by France

Here's another one. What if Montcalm had not met the british red coats on the Plains of Abraham and wited in the forteress and cut them to pieces. And that France kept Canada. What would it be today for Canadians?

A bit of trivia: How far from Canada are the nearest French islands? What are their names?
    http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

I don't know the distance but the islands are called St Pierre and Miqoulen.
    There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon
      I don't know the distance but the islands are called St Pierre and Miqoulen.
      St Pierre et Miquelon. Just off the Newfoudland coast.

Comment

Is it fair for a Canadian to answer that question about the islands?

If the French won in Quebec and kept it, then there wouldn't have been an invasion from the north into New York during the Am. Revolution. The English would have had to send the supplies through New England, and even then, it would have been difficult because there is the possibilities of fighting before you reach your objective, thereby weakening your force.
        It would have been easier for the Americans to get in contact and strike up a deal with the French if they had territory so close to America. They may have entered the war full out with the renewed possibility of the English trying to take Quebec again.
        Pvt. Bob Mana,
        Co. B, 3rd Maryland Vol. Infantry, 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 12th Corps, Union Army of the Potomac

For the Union

Comment

My personal opinion is that we wouldn't have fared any better. What would have happened in Canada in 1789? During the Napoleonic Wars? How about the much controversial War of 1812?

If we would still be French today, God help us!!

Comment

Well if France actually crushed the British forces in the French-Indian war, the first language of Canada might be French. Because of France's imperialistic mindset, Canada might still be a colony rather than an independant nation.

Comment

If France had won the Seven Years War I think we'd have an independent French Canada. I think independence would have come after the 1789 French Revolution.
              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

France keeping Canada

Hey, if France would have won and kept Canada, maybe the United States would have bought it from Napoloen too! It could have been a package deal with Louisiana!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                  If France had won the Seven Years War I think we'd have an independent French Canada. I think independence would have come after the 1789 French Revolution.
                  If we would have an independent French Canada, what of the other 9 provinces? I would say that New Brunswick would also be with French Canada, so down to 8 provinces and 3 territories. Part of the US?

Comment

Re: The battle of Quebec won by France

Originally posted by dannybou
                    Here's another one. What if Montcalm had not met the british red coats on the Plains of Abraham and wited in the forteress and cut them to pieces. And that France kept Canada. What would it be today for Canadians?

A bit of trivia: How far from Canada are the nearest French islands? What are their names?
                    St Pierre and Miquelon, about 50-100 miles I would estimate
                    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X