X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drang nach Canada!

Here's an interesting what-if scenario:

http://www.glasnost.de/hist/usa/1935invasion.html

and no, I'm not trying to clown on Canada. Don't make me restate ad nauseum my respect for my North American brethren.
    Givin' you the scoop, the poop, the skinny and the scuttlebutt since 1969!

Hehe.... think Turtledove got a hold of that before his Great War series?

Personally though, I can't say anyone had much to fear from the US Army of the mid and early 30's.
    If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Wow! I better prepare the defenses and call up the milita. THE AMERICANS ARE COMING!!! :thumb:
      There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

Didn't they try that in 1812 and failed???????????
        Sorry, couldn't resist....

http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

For the 1812 variant, there was NO plan (or army), for the 1935 variant there was a plan... just no army. And then McDonalds and other Franchises popped up, and we gave up on the military route and went with the economic plan of conquest.
          If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvalla
            For the 1812 variant, there was NO plan (or army), for the 1935 variant there was a plan... just no army. And then McDonalds and other Franchises popped up, and we gave up on the military route and went with the economic plan of conquest.
            And Walmart, Home Depot, Taco Bell, Burger King, etc etc etc... I love America now and forgave you about 1812!!
            http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chrisvalla
              [B]Hehe.... think Turtledove got a hold of that before his Great War series?

That's the first thing that came to mind for me, too. This is far more detailed and in-depth than any descriptions of a US invasion of Canada that appear in the Great War series, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he were familiar with this document.
              Givin' you the scoop, the poop, the skinny and the scuttlebutt since 1969!

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
                Didn't they try that in 1812 and failed???????????
                Sorry, couldn't resist....

Invasion of Canada was no more than a sideshow - Canada had little if any strategic value for the US.
                Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X