Swedish Victory at Poltava?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedish Victory at Poltava?

Let us say the Swedish forces are victorius, perhaps a cavalry chock at the right moment.
    What now?
    “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Eh,... well, what do you think? It seems few reading here know enough about the Northern Wars to form an opinion.

Comment

I don't really know... seems as if it might only have prolonged things, but perhaps it could have triggered an event that would have stood the history of the region on it's head.

Just how far south and east would the Swedes have to go, before the Turks began to contemplate as serious alliance with the Russians?
      Would Esatern Orthodoxy have vanished forever, given a choice between Northern Protestsants and Turkish Muslims?

Comment

Well as I see it based on my limited knowledge Sweden could either go back to reequip and resupply or continiue to march on towards Moscow.

On the Other hand the Swedes already carried with them alot of capured goods and their gunpowder was "bad" or "weak" someone who knows moore about this could maybe explain.
        That makes it moore posibly for the Swedes to Go marching back or stay where they are and wait for supplies.
        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Moscow, by way of Poltava?
          Kinda the long way around, isn't it?

What were the Cossaks up to at this time? Not just the Zapharodzhe crew, but the Don Host too?

Comment

Well as I said my knowledge is limited...
            As i remember the Cossaks was in Disorder, some whit the Tsar Some with the Swedes...

Max Sterner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X