Here is a bone for thought..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a bone for thought..

Just before WW2 the Russians invaded Finland and early on had their backside handed to them by the Finns. (One of the reasons the German high command thought the Russians would be a push over) A small side note not many are aware of is the Winston Churchill wanted to go to the aid of the Finns at that time. (He was not PM at this point) In true history the Germans came to the aid of the Finns.

My idea for discussion is lets assume the Brits to come to the aid of the Finns and are successful in helping the Finns at least sue for peace with the Russians. This act would now have the Brits (and by association the US) as enemies of the USSR in WW2.

With the previous assumptions would the Russians have falling to the Germans without lend-lease?

Would WW2 have three major forces in combat with each other? (Axis, Allies and USSR)

How would this have changed the outcome of WW2?

Any guesses?
    wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

I think that the brits would remain nutral longer and the germans basic get to somewhere around the urals but get caught in a long and brutal gruilla war and they wouldn't have the energy to fight the west.

Thats just my 2 cents

Comment

The russian winter was always going to bite hard, and an invasion of britain was a none starter, out of interest where would the finns have fitted in the nazi racial ideoligy?
      winston and hitler both hated communism, if we both had supplied the finns i guess germany and britain could have teamed up against russia instead of each other
      Sealion would have failed..............runs,

Comment

Of course, Churchill wanted to aid Finland by cutting across neutral Norway and Sweden. Neither country was in favor of that. The main idea was that "on the way" the British would cut iron ore supplies going to Germany to Sweden. The day the British force was to leave port was the day the Fins capitulated, thus eliminating the pretense for invasion.

Funny how Britain invading Norway and Sweden is given a bye while Germany is bastardized for invading Belgium.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks View Post
          The russian winter was always going to bite hard, and an invasion of britain was a none starter, out of interest where would the finns have fitted in the nazi racial ideoligy?
          winston and hitler both hated communism, if we both had supplied the finns i guess germany and britain could have teamed up against russia instead of each other
          I doubt even Churchill could have stomached allieing with Germany to take on Russia. He despised Nasizism almost as much. However if Britain had aided Finnland they may have been to spread out to stop the Luftwaffe in the battle of Britain. WW2 could have taken a nasty turn there.
          wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
            Of course, Churchill wanted to aid Finland by cutting across neutral Norway and Sweden. Neither country was in favor of that. The main idea was that "on the way" the British would cut iron ore supplies going to Germany to Sweden. The day the British force was to leave port was the day the Fins capitulated, thus eliminating the pretense for invasion.

Funny how Britain invading Norway and Sweden is given a bye while Germany is bastardized for invading Belgium.
            Very true but look at the results, Germany was successful, where as England and France, well....about the only success the english had in Norway was with the heavy water plant Norway had.
            wedmodelfactory.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X