Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could WWII have been won without the USSR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Gentlemen!! lcm1.
    'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

• Originally posted by grognard View Post
      The German did develop better U-boats in 1945, doing it sooner when they aren't dealing with Russia is plausible, which makes black May moot. With fewer Ju-52 losses at Stalingrad they have plenty of supply options for the Med so they can get plenty of troops and air units down there.
      They not only have the assets availble, but they can concentrate on getting them where they are needed. All of which makes the scenario ofd the Allies proceeding as they did historically--e.g. Black May, extremely doubtful.
      I'd want to look at the 'assets available' in detail before buying that. Particularly in the case of air transport and combat aircraft. In the late winter of 1943 the Axis had a lot of air assets and sea transport for servicing Tunisa. It should have been more than adaquate, but they lost anyway. A comparisson to the Allied assets in the Med might be instructive. More important might be what the Allies were willing to send to the Med. to counter additional Axis forces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
        I'd want to look at the 'assets available' in detail before buying that. Particularly in the case of air transport and combat aircraft. In the late winter of 1943 the Axis had a lot of air assets and sea transport for servicing Tunisa. It should have been more than adaquate, but they lost anyway. A comparisson to the Allied assets in the Med might be instructive. More important might be what the Allies were willing to send to the Med. to counter additional Axis forces.
        The Allies would have logistical problems also. One reason the Torch landing did not take place nearer Tunisia was pogistics and air cover. (see Korda, Eisenhower, for example). And if the Germans are flooding the Med, they can pick off Malta while they're at it, strengthen Sicily--there's plenty of time, etc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X