No announcement yet.

Rice and fall of Civilization.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1760 AD as stated above, the Khmer take Sydney, our own expedition takes a bit more time to materialise.

Tianjin is renamed Davao for ease of reference, and becomes the staging ground.

Airships are relocated and recce reveals that the English colony in Australia is guarded by 2 squadrons of quality frigates, so I wait for our own warships to come down from the North.

The ironclad frigates are particularly slow and so are the "ships of the line", it takes a decade to get them anywhere near Australia, but by 1770 our fleet is ready to attack.

Meanwhile we scout the rest of the giant island from the air, it is empty except for the cities of Brisbane and Sydney.

Two sources of uranium are located, a resource we lack at home as it turns out, thanks to Rojik for pointing that out long before it actually matters

We also send a reserve army to Kunming in the SW to discourage the Indians/Turks from trying anything funny there.

GNP is rising again 1029, in 1772. Including the New Indians there are now 18 civs on the map.
    Last edited by Snowygerry; 07 Mar 20, 04:35.
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• With aerial reconnaissance from Davao and now Sydney, we easily locate the English squadrons and time our approach just to get in between them.

In two consecutive naval battles we defeat them and land our invasion force near Brisbane in 1778 AD.

The actual attack on the city is a formality, air attacks and artillery prepare and in 1784 we take Brisbane, although we lose a single artillery division, not unusual for an attack on an hilltop city in this game.

With our goals in Australia achieved, and the war in Europe going apparently nowhere, we make peace with the English in 1787 and start to prepare to settle near the northern source of uranium.

Meanwhile the Turks declare war on the Arabs, and one turn later on the Germans/Dutch.

In 1802 the Japanese city of Akita revolts, and delegates visit our royal court asking to be annexed by the Middle Kingdom of China.

In a moment of generosity I accept, although I regret it a moment later, Akita is only 13% or so Chinese and will probably cause us stability issues later.

GNP is 1190.
      Last edited by Snowygerry; 25 Feb 20, 14:05.

Comment

• In 1805AD Radium Hill is founded in Northern Australia, there's no source of food near so it will never grow big, it's sole purpose is to provide us with uranium.

Over the following turns an army of Chinese workers will be shipped in to quickly bring it online.

Together with occupied Brisbane, revolted Akita and other Japanese cities, our empire is now "overexpanded" and consequently our state of being drops to Shaky, even our economy is still rated at 3 stars.

Something will have to be done to remedy this, not exactly sure what though

GNP 1242.

Comment

• Another vassal, if you can find one, otherwise if fringe cities break away, let them go.

what civics are you using?
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rojik View Post
            Another vassal, if you can find one, otherwise if fringe cities break away, let them go.
            Hmm - I would have to ditch the Aztecs first, but how...?

There's a limit of 4.

Is there a way to do that ?

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
            what civics are you using ?
            .... Hereditary rule, Vassalage, Slavery, State property and Free religion.
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 26 Feb 20, 10:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

There's a limit of 4.

Ahhh ok. I thought you only had 3. The only way to lose them is if they lose 50 percent of their land under your watch.

Civics are about what you want. Stay away from liberal ideas such as democracy and free speech. They offer powerful advantages but will add to the instability. They do more harm than good in sprawling empires.

Try not to expand and be prepared to lose a couple of fringe cities.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

There's a limit of 4.

\\\\\\\Since the spanish swine flu 'ditched' the aztecs , Tai \pan, its either slave labour or invent the bulldozers.
                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• That seems a bit heartless, I'd like to be remembered as a an enlightened king, a bit of political interference in their affairs, provoke a smalll war left or right,

but to outright genocide them is a bit over the top, for now

Anyhow, with painstaking micromanagement I manage to get us back to "Stable" in 1820 AD, but we're now at the point where a small setback will push us to "Shaky" and a serious problem to "Unstable" even.

I could grant independence to the Japanese cities but that would cause all sorts of economic problems, or keep my GNP growing and try to wear off the foreign influence in our Kingdom over time...

I ship a bunch of workers to Australia hoping that impressive infrastructure works will convince the colonists and natives there of the benefits of belonging to the Middle Kingdom, the uranium is mined in no time and a road is constructed connecting Brisbane to Radium Hill.

Dutch, French, Khmer, Arabian, and other ships are spotted among the Spice Islands and a few foreign colonies have sprung up there as well.

A similar improvement plan is implemented in Japan, with similar motive.

In 1817 GNP is 1258.

The Turks continue their conquest and take the ancient city Babil from the Arabs, they keep a large army in Southern India too, I on the other hand, keep an eye on them.

Napoleon and the French are doing well, they have large colonies in Northern America, preventing the Americans from becoming all too powerful.

Russian expansion East seems to have stalled somewhat, due to my interference in their internal affairs, or something else, idk.

Stalin is in command there instead of my old friend Catharina now, maybe he has other plans
                  Last edited by Snowygerry; 27 Feb 20, 07:57.

Comment

• In Europe, the English have finally had enough, and their empire collapses in anarchy and into independent cities...this should create opportunities for others there.

The Normans are a powerhouse, controlling Scandinavia, with colonies in Northern Germany and Scotland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                      Civics are about what you want. Stay away from liberal ideas such as democracy and free speech. They offer powerful advantages but will add to the instability. They do more harm than good in sprawling empires.
                      I refused to research Democracy untill now, more for role-playing reasons than anything else, nevertheless a few of my citizens are demanding "Emancipation" in each city….I have no idea what they're talking about

Liberalism itself was difficult to avoid, it enables Free Religion and gives a free tech.

Comment

I refused to research Democracy untill now, more for role-playing reasons than anything else, nevertheless a few of my citizens are demanding "Emancipation" in each city….I have no idea what they're talking about

Liberalism itself was difficult to avoid, it enables Free Religion and gives a free tech.

I suspect Rojik is suggesting using your new Japanese subjects talents to the max.
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• The first half of the 19th century is uneventful, we consolidate, concentrate on improving infrastructure and steadily growing GNP.

By 1835 it's 1314.

In 1844 time slows down, one turn is now just 2 years, causing much confusion among our chroniclers.

1846 1414.

Then in 1848, hell breaks loose in Europe,

The Vikings declare war on the Germans who are allied with the Dutch, causing those to declare in return, which triggers my mutual defence pact, ...

enfin, within seconds the continent is aflame

We are now at war with Germany, The Netherlands, and for some reason, the Inca.

Allied with the Russians, Vikings, Americans, Aztec, Khmer.

A German Ship of the Line promptly murders one of my diplomatic caravels that suddenly finds itself in the frontline.

The Spanish can't seem to make up their minds up on which side to join, and their civ descends in civil war.

As a result of all above, our GNP drops to 1373.
                          Last edited by Snowygerry; 01 Mar 20, 02:29.

Comment

• In 1850 we meet with the caliph of the Turks, he agrees to join our alliance together with his vassal India, in return we declare war on Portugal, Egypt, Mali and Arabia, leading to some minor skirmishes in the Atlantic and among the Spice Islands.

Our airships are concentrated on the Russian front, where the Germans take Konigsberg from the Normans.

We take a big hit in GNP on account of trade routes being disrupted everywhere, but despite that our state returns to Solid for the first time in centuries, 1241 in 1854.

For some reason our citizens seem to react positively to this world war.

With Chinese air support, the Russians take Faustindorf.
                            Last edited by Snowygerry; 02 Mar 20, 03:03.

Comment

• Encouraged by this state of grace, I decide to abolish slavery in 1858 AD and emancipate the Chinese workers, this results in a turn of outright anarchy and lowers both our GNP and state of being, but we recover quickly and by 1862 we stabilize at 1183.

This causes problems for a few of our cities because they can no longer rely on forced labour to finish their projects, our workers are recalled from Australia to build workshops where required.

In 1866 some of our air wings are recalled from the Russian front too, to be outfitted with 'fighters' instead of 'airships' - sounds much better

In 1870 we make peace with Portugal, GNP rises back to near pre-war levels, we are rewarded with a 4-star economic rating for this economic miracle, for the first time ever.

In 1874 the Dutch too sue for peace, GNP is back to 1392.
                              Last edited by Snowygerry; 02 Mar 20, 14:08.

Comment

• In 1876 AD the Turks throw an "International Congress" in their new capital Sogut, since Byzantion/Constantinopolis was captured by the Germans first, and the Russians later.

All the great leaders assemble there to see if some kind arrangement can be worked out.

We take the opportunity to make peace with the Arabs and their vassals, we get the colony of Manokwari and small reparations in return, this one connects Davao to Radium Hill and Brisbane to consolidate our holdings in SE Asia.

Some of our new fighters are flown in to oversee things in the area.

We remain at war the Germans, and the Incans who for some reason refuse to even talk to us, we must have pissed them off mightily, don't know how exactly, maybe it's having the Aztec as a vassal.

The congress of Sogut inspires some of our diplomats to start to investigate a concept called the "United Nations", a permanent "congress", if you will, that could greatly improve our influence on global affairs.

It may take a century or so to materialize though, some say it will be just a costly talking shop, we'll see...

Last edited by Snowygerry; 06 Mar 20, 02:44.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X