Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Germany have launched a land invasion of Britain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Germany have launched a land invasion of Britain?

Hi, would like to discuss a question of "what if"

At the time of the Battle Of Britain,

1. What would have happened if Germany had invaded Britain instead of Russia?

2. Would Germany be militarily ready to mount such an amphibious operation at that time?

3. And if so, would it be successful against an already weakened British force?

4. Would the outcome of World War II be any different?

Can I direct you to

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=38099

where we discussed this way beyond death!

So if you don't get a lot of takers don't be surprised.
    Signing out.

Comment

Thank you, i really should have used the search. Thanks once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhiliang2929 View Post
        Thank you, i really should have used the search. Thanks once again.
        No sweat. If you can find an angle we didn't cover then I'm sure there would be some takers.

The old thread has got some really useful links and information buried in there, but with all the repetition, the flaming and the downright intransigance of individuals on both sides of debate it's hard work getting to it.
        Signing out.

Comment

Hmmm... Odd... The hairs on the back of me neck are twitchin...

Imagine that!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
            Hmmm... Odd... The hairs on the back of me neck are twitchin...

Imagine that!

Mine seem remarkably still at present. Maybe there'll be no need to duke this one out again.
            Signing out.

Comment

The question actually is would Germany have done it rather than what has gone before which was; was there a possibilty of success. I mean I suppose there might've been a possibility of them trying it if the B of B had gone differently which wasnt against the realm of possibility. Sorry if this causes any twitching .lol

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                The question actually is would Germany have done it rather than what has gone before which was; was there a possibilty of success. I mean I suppose there might've been a possibility of them trying it if the B of B had gone differently which wasnt against the realm of possibility. Sorry if this causes any twitching .lol
                We covered that as well, even kicking around a couple of wargame scenarios regarding a 'what if'.
                Signing out.

Comment

Yes the conensus was that any beachhead would've been very precarious with major supply problems and eventual doom. IIRC

Comment

I must not reply to this thread.......I must not........I mustn't......

Comment

Well, they could have launched a water invasion, but that would have been silly and caused rashes...

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
                        Can I direct you to

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=38099

where we discussed this way beyond death!

So if you don't get a lot of takers don't be surprised.
                        At least no one has named That Which Shall Not Be Named and summoned the ghost of The Duke.
                        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

... I don't want to inflame everyone, which you all seem to be terrified of, but I didn't get my turn last time
                          I think Russia would have used it as an oppurtunity to stomp Germany, and claim pretty well the whole European axis as spoils...

Comment

That is quite possible. I think any attempt at a landing would've resultted in the loss of a lot of Hitlers best troops, which a) he could not have used in Barbarossa and b) delayed barbarossa possibly critically. You have your go mate. Its jsut that one particular thread has passed into legend around here. Shouldnt stop people from having their say though.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                              Its jsut that one particular thread has passed into legend around here. Shouldnt stop people from having their say though.
                              Indeed. My response to the thread opener was just a way of warning him that TTTSNBN was still a bit of a running sore and thus this thread might not draw the responses he hoped for,
                              Signing out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X