The next (civil) war in Europe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next (civil) war in Europe ?

One day or another a civil war occurs in a country, it is a part of its history. Which country has never had a civil war ? It is a necessary part of its evolution, and for many countries civil wars was the only possible way to cross certain steps in their history.
    In your opinion what form could a next civil war take in the EU ? what could the causes be ? and what could the different sides be ?

Generally those civil wars turn around the build of a centralized power, even a federal one which would let to the regions an important autonomy. Some forces in EU wouldn’t like how the central power would regroup and take the decisions, how it would impose them… And then two forces would appear, the ones which would desire to fight for the central government and its decision, for the new European constitution, and the other one which would reject anything would come from this central power. Each one would have its own idea how Europe should be and would pretend to impose it.
    But what would the side be, their form ? Would there be more than two side ? Those sides could take two forms : or two political groups where the nationality would have no importance ; or to the contrary the different countries would choose their side, and only one side, for example all the Eastern countries in one side, Germany and France in another one. Or finally the struggle could separate Europe in two geographical entities, the North and the South for example, with possible variants of course.

So what would your scenario be ? And what would the place of the USA and Russia be in it ?

LaPalice.
    Monsieur de La Palice est mort
    Mort devant Pavie.
    Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
    Il était encore en vie...

Jeez, and I thought we made the European Union to prevent wars like we had in the past ...have a little more faith in the EU mon ami hell, we french even made friends with the limeys and krauts, who would have thought heh?

Comment

It is why I posted this idea on the alernate history forum .

LaPalice.
      Monsieur de La Palice est mort
      Mort devant Pavie.
      Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
      Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Euros are too boring to start a civil war...

Comment

I think that crazy little country Lichtenstein (spelling ?) is ripe for a civil war!!! It would be led by the Old World bankers who are upset by the new rules (largely due to the war on terror) breaking the secrecy of private banking. They, Andorra and Switzerland could then form a block of new countries based on secret banking. They would enlist Al Quiada as their "enforcement arm" in exchange for providing secret bank accounts for terrorists. They might welcome the Cayman Islands into their alliance so that in the winter the leaders would have a warm place to hold their strategy sessions!! What do you think of my crazy scenario??
          Publisher
          Armchair General Magazine
          Weider History Group

Comment

Most likely during the next world cup, somehow France, Germany and England all messed up ---- esp. the fans from Germany and England --- they picked up a fight in French bars. But the ParisPD were also irritated that they started to help their French mob ... Blair then complained bitterly .... Germany angry ... French however, won the world cup again, the serbs then saw a great chance to stir things up. Saddam planted a bomb in names of Irish army in london. And was identified as a French make. Chirac, however, refused to explain and apologize. French carrier and British carrier faced off at their routine exercise. A british Eurofighter however misteriously shot down by missile from unknown source near the French fleet.... A squadron of French Rafale were locked upon by US AWICS..... An accident of French nuclear sub in Atlantic .... And Moscow bankrupt again ....
            Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

LOL ER CHASER!!
              Publisher
              Armchair General Magazine
              Weider History Group

Comment

(Paraphrased from a book by Spider Robinson - Fallen Angels; a future post-apocalypse SF novel. The narrative is explaining about the nuke-war).

"Edmonton was nuked too, and no one would ever have known if not for the Oilers failing to show up for their regularly scheduled games"
                "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X