No announcement yet.

So.....What IF Operation Sealion Was Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is it finally over? Do the Sealion supporters finally give up the ghost?

DOUBTFUL!

Stay tuned.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
      So is it finally over? Do the Sealion supporters finally give up the ghost?

DOUBTFUL!

Stay tuned.
      Well the old thread is still alive and kicking. Apparently, though, we're all thick.
      Signing out.

Comment

Sealion is a great what if and a few comments would suggest a slight wish for it to succeed.However the fact remains that the Germans planning for getting troops across the channel were completely inadequate in terms of landing craft and a naval surface fleet also inadequte to mount an invasion of ths size. Sure the luftwaffe would have harrassed the RN in the channel quite heavily but the RN was a large experienced force and would've caused mayhem when sent in force against the german fleet particularly with the RN knowing what was at stake. If memory serves the german navy were more than worried about their ability to keep the RN at bay even with air superiority and one said that with the quality of landing craft available, some could have been overturned by the bow wake of a a ship.I think the fact that D day took so much organisation including complete control of the channel demonstrates what might have happened if Sealion had been tried with the limited planning and naval resources the Germans had.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
          Sealion is a great what if and a few comments would suggest a slight wish for it to succeed.However the fact remains that the Germans planning for getting troops across the channel were completely inadequate in terms of landing craft and a naval surface fleet also inadequte to mount an invasion of ths size. Sure the luftwaffe would have harrassed the RN in the channel quite heavily but the RN was a large experienced force and would've caused mayhem when sent in force against the german fleet particularly with the RN knowing what was at stake. If memory serves the german navy were more than worried about their ability to keep the RN at bay even with air superiority and one said that with the quality of landing craft available, some could have been overturned by the bow wake of a a ship.I think the fact that D day took so much organisation including complete control of the channel demonstrates what might have happened if Sealion had been tried with the limited planning and naval resources the Germans had.
          snickle, grickle, grickle, snickle, grrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Duke William "Snickle, grickle, grickle, snickle, grrrrrrrrrrrr."
            Would you care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
              Duke William "Snickle, grickle, grickle, snickle, grrrrrrrrrrrr."
              Would you care to elaborate?
              no, sea.....grrrrr.....lion would have been.....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.....a disas.....bite your lip old boy, bite your lip.....ter.

Comment

whatever mate. Just making a point. Thats what we're here for. Moving on.

Comment

There were two movies about this type of a senerio.
                  One was made in England in the 60's i think, B&W
                  The other was made in the 90's here in the states, which i found interesting
                  about how the US and Germany were the two super powers.

I don't remeber the titles, i could try to look if anyone is interested?
                  Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

You guys are taking Sealion waaay to hard.
                    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                      There were two movies about this type of a senerio.
                      One was made in England in the 60's i think, B&W
                      "it Happened here" is the one I think you refer too. about some lass getting involved in the Post German invasion resistance.

Some lucky bugger got to blow up a house with a Panzerfuast in the filming of it, IIRC.
                      Winnie says
                      ---------------------------------
                      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                      Herr Flick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X