The Central Powers win World War I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Central Powers win World War I?

What happens if the Central Powers win World War I?

Would Britannia flee the waves?
    I wonder if we would have ennacted plan Black in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
      What happens if the Central Powers win World War I?
      it all depends when.

1914 or later?

makes a huge difference.
      "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

We'll have to go with the assumption this is before the US enters the war correct?
        If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

I really think there are two possible timelines to consider.

1914 and anything after 1915.

because in 1914, a german victory would have made of that war another war typical of the 19th century. victory int he field. negotiations, settlement and resume the ballet of nations

after 1915, it was total war and only inconditional surrender was to be accepted as the costs bore by every nation by that time were so huge and so debilitating, and propaganda so mean (and untrue) that it was not anymore question of honorfull victory and negotiation, it was a "go for the throat" idea. (a bad one since it solved nothing). it was hatred.
          "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Originally posted by piero1971 View Post
            I really think there are two possible timelines to consider.

1914 and anything after 1915.

because in 1914, a german victory would have made of that war another war typical of the 19th century. victory int he field. negotiations, settlement and resume the ballet of nations

after 1915, it was total war and only inconditional surrender was to be accepted as the costs bore by every nation by that time were so huge and so debilitating, and propaganda so mean (and untrue) that it was not anymore question of honorfull victory and negotiation, it was a "go for the throat" idea. (a bad one since it solved nothing). it was hatred.
            So if they win before 1915, the Germans/etc. gain some land, some cash, and then go home. The world would be set up for another world war within a relatively close timespan.

If after 1915, then the French/English suffer in the same way the Germans suffered after WW1, with massive inflation and humiliation causing unrest and the rise of extremist political powers, either conservative reactionary fascist types, or far left revolutionary communists.

So maby Russia falls to the communists, the UK and France become led by extremists, Italy fractures like Austria-Hungary did, and the Ottoman Empire and Austria-Hungary tack on a few more years to their long life spans, perhaps even splintering despite victory.

And the US would, most likely, remain very isolationistic, never having had to rouse itself for combat in Europe and would be even more likely to avoid combat in WW2.

Sleepy time now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X