Baron Manfred Von Richtofen in WW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baron Manfred Von Richtofen in WW2

What if Baron Manfred von Richtofen had survived WW1, possibly gaining 100 combat kills? Herman Goering would never have taken command of Jasta 11. When the Nazis eventually rose to power, would Richtofen have willingly become Reichsmarshall and taken charge of the Luftwaffe or would he have run a mile from Hitler and his thugs?

What kind of leader would Richtofen have been during the Battle of Britain if he'd lived then?
    Last edited by Sign&Print Name; 31 Jan 07, 15:39. Reason: typo
    Hitler played Golf. His bunker shot was a hole in one.

well..

as a nobel, it is unlikely Manfred would have gone with the Nazis, but then weirder things happened int he 20's and 30's in Germany.

as for his strategic skills - they are unknown of course since he died. a good pilot may not make a good airforce commander...

as for goering, he might still have been a high-profile pilot and join the NASDP.

any experts in ww1 have any ideas?
    "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Goerings advance was due to his vicious political skills & his getting in on the ground floor of the nazi party in the 1920s. He was one of Hitlers favorite yes men and involved in the worst of the nasty party activities of the 1930s (Reichtag fire was organized by him, & he headed the Prussian police dept for several years.).

There were many better quailified men for heading the Luftwaffe and most of them served in it. Most likely it would have been the same for Ritchoffen.

Comment

He could have gone Nazi. Wasn't it his cousin in charge of the Luftwaffe for most of the Russian campaign in WW2? I think he attained the rank of field marshal but later committed suicide. So who knows?

I will say that if Manfred was a staunch monarchist I doubt he would have fully supported Hitler.
        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

At the least I think he would have had more influence than Udet. Perhaps due to this Germany would have gone ahead with the Eurobomber and not relied so heavily on dive bombing. That in itself would have given The capability to conduct extreme range bombing much earlier on, and may have even been the igniter for the Nazis to increase emphasis on their own atomic program in a more timely fashion.
          Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X