What if Adolf Hitler Came into Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Adolf Hitler Came into Power

Following a Successful Beer Hall Putsch in 1923?????

He still writes Mein Kampf, and everything that happened in GERMANY in the years from 1933 - 1939 still happen, but from 1923 - 1939 & the War still comes on September 1st, 1939.

BUT.....Everything in the rest of the world happens just the way it happened according to history.

Does Germany become a Mass Production & Industrialized Nation?????

Do we see the culmination & the completion of the Z-Plan Fleet?????

Does Hitler's Germany manage to Conquer Russia?????

Does Hitler's Germany manage to come out with an Atomic Bomb?????

Does Germany actually WIN a war for a change?????

I think it is more likely that Hitler would have been swept away by the economic crises and is replaced by some more moderate governments by 1930s. If so...

- The Spanish civil war is won by the Republicans who are taken over by Marxist factions controlled from Moscow.

- WWII begins in 1 September 1939 as Soviet troops cross into Poland after accusing Poland for artillery fire and subversion attempt across the border. Poland holds on for three months of heavy fighting as Germany, France and Britain ponder what to do. When they finally decide to intervene it is too late for Poland and Soviet tanks continue rolling west to Germany - slicing through their soft defences like knife through butter until encountering French and British forces at Elbe line.

- WWII ends in 1945 when US nukes Tula and Vladivostok. Stalin agrees to withdraw to the Rhein line in the armistice losing all of his gains in France in the process.

- Stalin's ally, Il Duce gets to keep Albania (and never attempted to take on Yugoslavia), but has lost the war in Africa. He lost his momentum and popularity already in 1942 when he tried to take Malta with an airborne assault with disastrous results. Now everybody is wondering whether Stalin will let his junior partner be or will he arrange a communist coup in Italy now that Il Duce is of no use to him.
    Last edited by pp(est); 29 Nov 06, 05:49.

Comment

Originally posted by pp(est) View Post
      I think it is more likely that Hitler would have been swept away by the economic crises and is replaced by some more moderate governments by 1930s. If so...

- The Spanish civil war is won by the Republicans who are taken over by Marxist factions controlled from Moscow.

- WWII begins in 1 September 1939 as Soviet troops cross into Poland after accusing Poland for artillery fire and subversion attempt across the border. Poland holds on for three months of heavy fighting as Germany, France and Britain ponder what to do. When they finally decide to intervene it is too late for Poland and Soviet tanks continue rolling west to Germany - slicing through their soft defences like knife through butter until encountering French and British forces at Elbe line.

- WWII ends in 1945 when US nukes Tula and Vladivostok. Stalin agrees to withdraw to the Rhein line in the armistice losing all of his gains in France in the process.

- Stalin's ally, Il Duce gets to keep Albania (and never attempted to take on Yugoslavia), but has lost the war in Africa. He lost his momentum and popularity already in 1942 when he tried to take Malta with an airborne assault with disastrous results. Now everybody is wondering whether Stalin will let his junior partner be or will he arrange a communist coup in Italy now that Il Duce is of no use to him.
      Does that also mean that you would have been writing this message to me in Russian as there would not be a Finland as you know it today anymore?

Comment

Somewhat Red Alert-ish.

Anyway, I don't really think the Red Army was ready in 1939 to take on the UK, France, Germany, Poland, and the US. Maybe even Japan would have attacked Russia when most of there army was attacking the western powers.

- Stalin employ's his Tesla coils to foil the allied counter-attack.

Comment

daemon, well I tried to stick with Duke's parameters that war has to start September 1. I admit Stalin would not have been ready and possibly without the German cooperation his tank tactics would not have been as developed, but on the other hand I am betting it will take western allies a long time to figure out what to do. Also I think Soviet early-war capabilities get underestimated due to the Winter War debacle (which was an anomaly fought in conditions quite different from central Europe). I am betting that had Stalin got the chance to begin the big war in his own terms, his war machine would have been pretty tough to stop already in early 1940.

Oh, and US doesn't join until 1941 after Soviets have almost taken France. Since French can see the Soviets coming all across Germany, I figure they would have enough time to adapt to the blitzkrieg tactics and be much tougher opponents.

Duke, da, ja gavarit tolka parusski. hmmm, OTOH I probably would not have existed at all.
          Last edited by pp(est); 29 Nov 06, 15:39.

Comment

I wouldn`t be too sure that Hitler would be removed from power. Mussolini wasn`t and his leadership of Italy through the crisis was less then bright.
            "Beneath its gilded beauty, though, there lies a poorly designed game which rewards the greedy and violent, and punishes the hardworking and honest; and if you think about it, that's a good representation of capitalism" - Nightfreeze about Eve Online

Comment

Italy emerged WWI as one of the victors, so no shock of just losing a big war. While early 20s was tough for Italy too, it wasn't quite on the same scale of doing badly as Germany.

Comment

Italy emerged WWI as one of the victors, so no shock of just losing a big war. While early 20s was tough for Italy too, it wasn't quite on the same scale of doing badly as Germany.
                There was still relative displeasure at the fact that Italy "got less then it deserved" from being a part of the Entente. Also, Hitler had better leadership skills in comparison with his Italian counterpart.
                "Beneath its gilded beauty, though, there lies a poorly designed game which rewards the greedy and violent, and punishes the hardworking and honest; and if you think about it, that's a good representation of capitalism" - Nightfreeze about Eve Online

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X