Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the Bar-Lev Line defeated the Egyptians on first day of Yom Kippur War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the Bar-Lev Line defeated the Egyptians on first day of Yom Kippur War?

I think the Egyptains and Israelis would stop fighting then and there to negotiate a peace treaty because the Egyptains would have lost their chance to get across the Suez Canal and there army would be severly weakened.
    Egyptians would stop fighting and make peace with Israel
    14.29%
    Egyptians would attempt to attack the Bar-Lev Line again
    61.90%
    Israel would strike Egypt west of the Suez Canal
    23.81%
    Egypt would send troops,tanks,aircraft,missles,and supplies to help Syria on the Golan Heights
    0.00%
    "Let arms yield rank to the toga of peace." -Cicero

"People complain about official corruption, but that's nothing compared with our criminal waste of time." -From Ikiru

They would go for round two.

Comment

I think it would still have taken a Israel move into Egypt before the two sides began to discuss peace.

However, I seriously doubt the Bar-Lev line had any chance of holding the Egyptians. The Egyptian attack was timed and carried out quite well. While the Israelis are fine soldiers, the good execution, suprise factor and sheer numbers were too much even for them. However, the Israelis got lucky as the Egyptians didn`t push the initiative and this killed their offensive.
      "Beneath its gilded beauty, though, there lies a poorly designed game which rewards the greedy and violent, and punishes the hardworking and honest; and if you think about it, that's a good representation of capitalism" - Nightfreeze about Eve Online

Comment

I Just replayed The Egiptian Sues Campaign in SPMBT and agree with Tom, no manmade obstacle will hold on the well planed and executed assaoult, espescially the Bar-Lewi crap - single sand wall and some 25 strongpoints chain. egiptians used motor pomps to cut through the sandwall, and rushing Israelis armored reinforcements were ambushed by infiltrated comandos with AT-3s Sagers and RPG-7s. If the Egiptians would manage to f... this up; the war would propably end with new border on Egiptian River (Nile) and Euphrat.
        Kosovo is Serbian.
        I support United Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
        Behead those who say Islam is violent!

Comment

Voted Egyptians would try again. The Bar Lev line was too thinly manned without strong armor reserves(IIRC only one armor division, strength unknown) along the whole Sinai front. The Israeli mobilization time would have given the Egyptians time for a second attempt.
          Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

The Egyptians would be foolish not to attack again, they already have their reserves in place to follow up (a benefit of initiating the War). The Israeli's would becoming fatigued and possibly low on ammo with resupply hampered at best. Now if they were to fail a second time I would give Israel the upper hand since by then they would be getting their reserves into place not only to strengthen the Line but to use it as a springboard into Egypt.

Comment

The Egyptians would have tried again. They had plenty of troops + material on hand to so so.

It would have been a very poor force indeed that would have given up at that stage.
              http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

I think that the Israelis would cross the Suez Canal like they actually did in order to destroy the SAM sites and take the war onto Egypt's home ground.
                "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Colonel

I see that the Egyptians would mostly try again, as they had collected a long term intel. and calculated all the paramiters of the assult, from the inclination of the sand , water speed and angles, Artilary, rienforcement and mass respond from the israeely side, specialy savatging the napalm lines and bombing the strong points in the bigining of the crossing the Canal would give thim a long time untill any israaly rienforcement can re deploy, specially with the timing of a saturday and holidays of youm Kipor.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite777 View Post
                    I see that the Egyptians would mostly try again, as they had collected a long term intel. and calculated all the paramiters of the assult, from the inclination of the sand , water speed and angles, Artilary, rienforcement and mass respond from the israeely side, specialy savatging the napalm lines and bombing the strong points in the bigining of the crossing the Canal would give thim a long time untill any israaly rienforcement can re deploy, specially with the timing of a saturday and holidays of youm Kipor.
                    Granite,

Welcome to the website. I have to agree. The Egyptians had planned and rehearsed so thoroughly that it ensured some bridgehead across the canal, as historically proven.

rna
                    Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X