Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What countries could have joined the Axis and changed the war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say the Germans would have had a chance to get Turkey and Sweden to join the Axis. They would probably have made better allies than Spain (who Hitler wanted to join the Axis so bad) who would have probably been "another Italy" for Germany to look after.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Evil
      I would say the Germans would have had a chance to get Turkey and Sweden to join the Axis. They would probably have made better allies than Spain (who Hitler wanted to join the Axis so bad) who would have probably been "another Italy" for Germany to look after.
      I am not so sure that Spain would have been a drain, In theory had Franco agreed and Gibraltar sucessfully stormed it would have seriously complicated the Royal Navy's task in the western Med.

The spanish army was experienced by the Spanish Civil War and while not as well equipped as say the italians it would have certainly proved strong opposition and would have helped to secure Morocco for the Axis. AS it turned out Franco and Hitler could not agree but a spanish volunteer force was raised instead that served with distinction ('Division Azul') on the eastern front.

Comment

Axis,

The Swedes and Swiss were already working as hard as the Germans could want supporting the German War effort. Some Swedish troops would not have affected the outcome any. The Turks were not in a good position to do anything but invade Syria and Iraq, or maybe interdict the supply route going through Iran. The Caucasus was not a place the Turks did well in.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X