No announcement yet.

Two PoD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worse was when the electricians, or someone would lock out a breaker so they could work on something on that line. Another crewman would come along wondering why his equipment had no power, find the lockout, tear the warning tag off, and remove the safety lock and reset the breaker. Usually the electrician survives, but not always the idiot who messed with someone elses disconnect

Reading Navy safety pubs I was suprised at how often that particular form of stupidity was cited.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
      Worse was when the electricians, or someone would lock out a breaker so they could work on something on that line. Another crewman would come along wondering why his equipment had no power, find the lockout, tear the warning tag off, and remove the safety lock and reset the breaker. Usually the electrician survives, but not always the idiot who messed with someone elses disconnect

Reading Navy safety pubs I was suprised at how often that particular form of stupidity was cited.
      Saw that happen more than once. The result in every case I personally know of, the guy ripping the tags down found himself in front of the Captain on the Bridge within an hour or less at mast. Red tags are taken very seriously.

Comment

I'm suprised there was anything left for the Captain after the Chief was done.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X