No announcement yet.

Best Commanders for Invasions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do the air transports get back to England? If they land at the Danish airfields, technically it becomes an airlanding operation. Does i make a lot of sense to take air transports out of use after the landing in Denmark? To get back to England one would need to refuel them.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianE View Post

The allies did not conduct an invasion outside the range of tactical aircover in Europe. Although the USN should probably have the ability to bring 2500 to 3000 advanced combat aircraft anywhere in the world by this point.
      Exactly.

This is not a broad front strategy. That kind of slogging campaign would be impossibly long, would lose the support of the US public in months and would leave Stalin in power. These unexpected daggers far from large soviet armies would cut off the Soviets from their supply and to let them wither on the vine. Think of it as an island hopping campaign on land.

The Soviets are down to a month's worth of oil. They are basically immobile at this point. They have strung themselves out trying to gain more oil and get at the bomber bases in Egypt.

These invasions will isolate these huge forces far from home and leave Stalin with no armies to command.

Then there is moral. How do you think the average Soviet soldier trapped far from home; fighting as an invader in a strange land will react. He will not be fighting for his homeland as in WWII? How will he will react when his commanders tell him there is no fuel to get back?

The winter of 1947 was one of the worst on record in England, and northern europe including most of the USSR. Millions are dying by design. Stalin was starving his own peasants to feed Poland and the other eastern block countries. What will happen when the food stops and the US is within miles of their homes?

Historically this is when resistance forces start to appear. When it becomes apparent that your brutal oppressor is losing and your liberators are close at hand. This is when you start to fight back.
      www.wwiii1946.blogspot.com
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        How do the air transports get back to England? If they land at the Danish airfields, technically it becomes an airlanding operation. Does i make a lot of sense to take air transports out of use after the landing in Denmark? To get back to England one would need to refuel them.

Pruitt
        Naval transports after they clear the appropriate bases. The biggest advantage the US has in this war is its Navy and mobility. I'm suggesting that we are going to use both to the fullest extent.
        www.wwiii1946.blogspot.com
        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X