Russian Land Battleship KV-VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Land Battleship KV-VI

I saw a model of this tank once and I thought it was just an Internet joke but apparently this tank was real, if only in concept. Stalin personally backed the concept, but that only betrayed his ignorance in technical matters.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

A bit of a nightmare to drive through rush hour traffic, tight corners, or down country lanes.

I wonder what its range was between pit stops?

Comment

Oh I don't know, but this thing looks like it could clear out rush hour traffic no problem.
      "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Ah yes, Michael extractions. Some people just can't spot 'em.

As Stalin suggested the SMK have only one turret, not two, I somehow doubt he authorised the KV-VI...

Comment

KV-VI The Russian Land Battleship

In case it isn't apparent this 'tank' originated as an April Fool's Joke with a fake history and fake pictures attached. The thread linked to above makes that clear.

Moving to Alternate Timelines.

Comment

He shoulda saved this for April Fools.

But even then, somebody might have believed it.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Yup,... this has been a source of ridicule for years and long proven hoax. It was never, ever, ever, ever, never, never, ever real in concept or otherwise.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Of course given what WAS actually designed and on rare occasions even built in prototype, I can understand someone falling for it. If I may hijack this thread, what are your favorite insane tank designs?
                Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
                Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
                USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by Acheron View Post
                  Of course given what WAS actually designed and on rare occasions even built in prototype, I can understand someone falling for it. If I may hijack this thread, what are your favorite insane tank designs?
                  Ratte - what gomboid specifies a 1000T AFV when fuel is at a premium?

Comment

Originally posted by Acheron View Post
                    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                      I saw a model of this tank once and I thought it was just an Internet joke but apparently this tank was real, if only in concept. Stalin personally backed the concept, but that only betrayed his ignorance in technical matters.

This could only be improved by fitting a launch ramp to launch a Mig off.
                      "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Captain Bligh should be in command of this vehicle.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X