Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Axis Powers have won in the Mediterranean and North Africa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved to Alternate Timelines.
    "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Glenn, are you figuring on Italian and German trucks carrying gas and POL to the front in East Libya from Tunisia? A pipeline would be more efficient and a rail line would also improve the supply situation.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        Glenn, are you figuring on Italian and German trucks carrying gas and POL to the front in East Libya from Tunisia? A pipeline would be more efficient and a rail line would also improve the supply situation.

Pruitt
        I don't know what the optimal logistic solution would be, except that I suspect the transfer of equipment and divisions would take much more time than would the supplies, and that the key bottleneck might be shipping, not port capacity. What it looks like to me is that claims that 'logistics' were Egypt's certain defense look like a Monday morning boast. Seems to me that if the Axis, for some reason, had gone after Egypt instead of Russia, the British would have been severely pressed to hold it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X