Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Knights Templar/Knights Hospitallers are brought back/revamped to fight IS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Knights Templar/Knights Hospitallers are brought back/revamped to fight IS








    The Knights Templars are brought back, and the Hospitallers are revamped. A holy army is formed by the Vatican of which any Christian is allowed to flock from any country to meet in Italy and to prepare to fight to assist the Christians in Iraq as well as assisting the non Christians in Iraq. The Kurds/Iraqi Army in this scenario agree to an alliance with the "holy army" of Christians in order to fight IS. An agreement is made of which the Christian Holy Army has merely come to Iraq to fight a defensive war and that after IS is removed, the lands are given to the Kurds/Iraqis, where the Kurds and Iraqis work together to provide a gov in which includes equality and freedom for all, regardless of race or religion.

    Bringing back the Knights Templar/Knights Hospitallers here in 2014, is something neat to think about. There were plenty of Christian heroes that hailed from the Templars and Hospitallers of the past, these folks would win great battles even when all seemed lost, there were numerous times when the Christian holy warriors were outnumbered and out geared, yet they would still win.

    Bringing back the Templars/Hospitallers would provide great assistance to the Christian fighters who are already in Iraq, risking there lives to protect their lands/churches. And we know the Kurds are tolerant to Christians, heck some of the Kurds are Christians. And of course, one huge fact that counts is we know Saladin was a kurd, so, an alliance of the Holy army and the Kurds would probably bring alot of Muslims and Christians together for a great cause, crushing ISIS..

    The question would be, how would the Holy Army be able to get supplies/training. One possible answer IMO is to have the French Legion get involved in training Christians who do decide to join the holy army to defeat IS. The tough part about this scenario is going to be how can the Holy Army be supported by countries around the world while at the same time, not alienating GCC states, which are allies of European countries in addition to being allies of the USA. So again, if the Kurds and other Muslims ally up with the Holy Army, this would be a great measure to reassure the GCC states and other Muslims around the world that the intentions of a Christian Holy army are good intentions.

    What do other folks feel about bringing back the Knights Templar/Knights Hospitallers, whatever fashion it may be, to go ahead and defeat IS in Iraq?
    Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 23 Aug 14, 13:40. Reason: minor fix

  • #2
    Just nuke em and be done.
    Credo quia absurdum.


    Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

    Comment


    • #3
      The one sure fire way to unite the Muslim world Start mentioning crusaders.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by craven View Post
        The one sure fire way to unite the Muslim world Start mentioning crusaders.
        Well the scenario of my OP would not have to be called a crusade, it could just be viewed as a holy army helping both Christians and Muslims in Iraq.

        The folks the Holy Army/Kurds/Iraqi army would be against would be ISIS and those who join ISIS.

        I feel the Holy army/Kurds/Iraqi army would win.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
          Well the scenario of my OP would not have to be called a crusade, it could just be viewed as a holy army helping both Christians and Muslims in Iraq.

          The folks the Holy Army/Kurds/Iraqi army would be against would be ISIS and those who join ISIS.

          I feel the Holy army/Kurds/Iraqi army would win.
          wouldn't matter it would be labeled a crusade the moment you mention Templars or any other group. When ever the US does anything over there they bring out Christian crusaders are returning line.

          I see where your going but do not think the dynamics would let you get to where your suggesting.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post







            The Knights Templars are brought back, and the Hospitallers are revamped. A holy army is formed by the Vatican of which any Christian is allowed to flock from any country to meet in Italy and to prepare to fight to assist the Christians in Iraq as well as assisting the non Christians in Iraq. The Kurds/Iraqi Army in this scenario agree to an alliance with the "holy army" of Christians in order to fight IS. An agreement is made of which the Christian Holy Army has merely come to Iraq to fight a defensive war and that after IS is removed, the lands are given to the Kurds/Iraqis, where the Kurds and Iraqis work together to provide a gov in which includes equality and freedom for all, regardless of race or religion.

            Bringing back the Knights Templar/Knights Hospitallers here in 2014, is something neat to think about. There were plenty of Christian heroes that hailed from the Templars and Hospitallers of the past, these folks would win great battles even when all seemed lost, there were numerous times when the Christian holy warriors were outnumbered and out geared, yet they would still win.

            Bringing back the Templars/Hospitallers would provide great assistance to the Christian fighters who are already in Iraq, risking there lives to protect their lands/churches. And we know the Kurds are tolerant to Christians, heck some of the Kurds are Christians. And of course, one huge fact that counts is we know Saladin was a kurd, so, an alliance of the Holy army and the Kurds would probably bring alot of Muslims and Christians together for a great cause, crushing ISIS..

            The question would be, how would the Holy Army be able to get supplies/training. One possible answer IMO is to have the French Legion get involved in training Christians who do decide to join the holy army to defeat IS. The tough part about this scenario is going to be how can the Holy Army be supported by countries around the world while at the same time, not alienating GCC states, which are allies of European countries in addition to being allies of the USA. So again, if the Kurds and other Muslims ally up with the Holy Army, this would be a great measure to reassure the GCC states and other Muslims around the world that the intentions of a Christian Holy army are good intentions.

            What do other folks feel about bringing back the Knights Templar/Knights Hospitallers, whatever fashion it may be, to go ahead and defeat IS in Iraq?
            Sorry el-O . . . it would be an absolute catastrophe, IMHO.
            Elsa: [reading Jacob's palm] "See. According to this, you're already dead."[laughs]
            Army Officer: "Mr. Singer. What an appropriate name for a man who can't shut up."
            "Jacob's Ladder"

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe we would be better off resurrecting Hulagu Khan.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

              Prayers.

              BoRG

              http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                What do other folks feel about bringing back the Knights Templar/Knights Hospitallers, whatever fashion it may be, to go ahead and defeat IS in Iraq?
                I suggest an updated insignia...

                " Reality is interpretation according to a scheme which we cannot escape "

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by craven View Post
                  The one sure fire way to unite the Muslim world Start mentioning crusaders.
                  Yup, and it is a pity how so many folks, Muslim and Kufr are ignorant about the [Islamic] scenarios that led up to the decision to launch Crusades Mk. One. After that, politics, greed and less than noble stuff regrettably started to rear their ugly heads.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
                    Yup, and it is a pity how so many folks, Muslim and Kufr are ignorant about the [Islamic] scenarios that led up to the decision to launch Crusades Mk. One. After that, politics, greed and less than noble stuff regrettably started to rear their ugly heads.


                    Christians, Kurds, and other Muslims are better then ISIS, the view that Islam or Christianity is to blame for X gives into a losers mentality. This is a thread about a possible Christian holy army teaming up with true Muslims to defeat ISIS.

                    In this scenario, The Holy Army works together with true Muslims to defeat a gang of evil. Of course, feel free to say whatever you want, its not going to matter much when Muslims and Christians are working together to basically skull **** ISIS. The True Muslims, and the True Christians dont care about their religion being called evil when in fact, they are the ones working together to defeat ISIS.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                      Christians, Kurds, and other Muslims are better then ISIS, the view that Islam or Christianity is to blame for X gives into a losers mentality. This is a thread about a possible Christian holy army teaming up with true Muslims to defeat ISIS.

                      In this scenario, The Holy Army works together with true Muslims to defeat a gang of evil. Of course, feel free to say whatever you want, its not going to matter much when Muslims and Christians are working together to basically skull **** ISIS. The True Muslims, and the True Christians dont care about their religion being called evil when in fact, they are the ones working together to defeat ISIS.
                      you do not get it. by forming a Christian army you play into exactly what ISIS says. You would end up with more Muslim fighting againt your holy army.

                      Granted not having been there but watching the news for twenty years for Muslims it a pretty effective rallying cry that the Christians/Crusader are coming to take our land.

                      It not that I am against your idea but see that it going to produce a ISIS on steroids rather than solve the problem you looking to solve.

                      Just look at how much effort it took to keep Israel out of Desert Storm and all the Arab wanted Saddam out of Kuwait but if Israel jumped in they would of bailed on the coalition.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'd bring in the Zulus and Vikings and make it multi-denominational...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Don't forget the assembled forces of Operation Sealion.
                          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Guys, this is a troll thread.
                            Credo quia absurdum.


                            Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ...so dont pay the toll

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X