Pyrrhus Heads West: Wargame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyrrhus Heads West: Wargame

Okay, here is my idea for a wargame. We start with Pyrrhus leaving Epirus with his army of 20,000 infantry, 3,000 cavalry, and 20 elephants. However, this time Pyrrhus chooses to land on Sicily first at the invitation of Syracuse an her alliance of Greek cities. The goal of Pyrrhus and Syracuse is simple, liberation of all Sicily and destruction of Carthage. Carthage's goal is to hang on in Sicily. Players can play as Pyrrhus, Carthage, Syracuse, and several minor characters with any of the three factions.

I'm thinking that Carthage will have a naval advantage, Pyrrhus being able to only use the ships of the Sicilians who are at a disadvantage. Carthage's troops will be mainly mercenary, I'll give their player a wide latitude in what they want to hire. Any sort of merc they can think of is up for grabs within a certain budget. Since Carthage is a merchant republic, it'll need a few players. Syracuse will have its hoplites and cavalry and some light troops. Pyrrhus' men will be phalangites with some light troops as well as other infantry.

These are some pms that I've sent concerning a game that I would like to sponsor. I'm still working on them so I'll need a while to establish rules and such but I want to gage interest first. Sound off if you would play this.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

I would play this.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."- Napoleon.

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood"- George S. Patton.

"I will let you see that I was a grenadier before I was a marshal and still am one"- Jean Lannes, Siege of Ratisbon

Comment

Excellent. What faction?

Comment

Carthage.
        "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."- Napoleon.

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood"- George S. Patton.

"I will let you see that I was a grenadier before I was a marshal and still am one"- Jean Lannes, Siege of Ratisbon

Comment

Sounds good. I would like to participate in this.

Comment

Sounds good!
            The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

I would like to play. Preferably Carthage.

Comment

Haha everyone wants Carthage it seems we have enough to begin planning. I need players for Carthage, Pyrrhus, and Syracuse. State here for the record your choice. If too many choose Carthage we'll need to roll for which two-three people get those spots. Syracuse needs 2-3 people and Pyrrhus 1-2.

Comment

Carthage- Tacovert, Jean Lannes, Sem/Chase

Syracuse- The Last Bullet, Fritgern

Pyrrhus- Anacreon, Ulrih

This is the list I have right now. Objections or additions?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X