No announcement yet.

No Holocaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Holocaust = no Hitler. The two are synonymous.

Regards
    Scott Fraser
    Ignorance is not the lack of knowledge. It is the refusal to learn.

A contentedly cantankerous old fart

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Evil View Post
      I often wonder what the world would be like if there had been no holocaust? I think there would be more anti-semitism as well as more jews obviously. Not to mention a much stronger neo-nazi movement.
      Ah but one would need a Nazi movement in order to have a NEO Nazi movement, eh?
      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
        Well i looked at several demographic reports, the highest figure i can see was that the Jews in what was British Mandate Palestine reached a peak of 32% in 1948 after a flood of European and Soviet Jews moved to Palestine, also this included Jewish US Citizens returning to the promised land.
        Well, aside for more historical inaccuracies on your part (like that Soviet Jews weren't allowed to leave the Soviet union, American immigration was practically non existent before 1968 and more) and the fact that during the 40's the British mandate refused to allow Jewish immigration but encouraged Arab immigration, if we understand that more Arabs immigrated in then Jews- we would master statistics 101 and understand that the ratio would be higher prior.
        On the actual issue of the Holocaust, and have known plenty of Jews in my life, why is it that they virtually don't recognise the other 5.5 million that died in the Holocaust and that the Holocaust only pertained to the Jews only?

I actually have the answer but it is as repulsive and sickening as anything i have ever been told.
        Of course what you say is complete and utter BS and would be compatible with "I know quite a few Australians and they all say that they should have been more consistent in wiping out the aboriginals"
        Which is to say-
        1) One can claim anything he wants if he doesn't need to prove it.
        2) Your "personal experience" (which I seriously doubt) with 2.5 people that identify themselves as X isn't relevant for anything, much less when talking on a grand scale and historical perspective.
        3) If you wish to criticize someone on their lack of understanding of historical events you need to actually know them themselves, which you prove once and again you don't. How do you say? Calling the kettle black?
        4) Seems like you're really itching to find reasons to confirm you unbased hatred. Which seems consistent with the topic of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
          Of course what you say is complete and utter BS and would be compatible with "I know quite a few Australians and they all say that they should have been more consistent in wiping out the aboriginals"
          It seems that the guys over there at Yad Vashem - who should, understandably, be focused on the Jewish victims - somehow did find time to acknowledge, document and honor non-Jewish victims.

The Persecution of Non-Jewish Groups

Non-Jewish Victims of Persecution in Germany
          Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
            Ah but one would need a Nazi movement in order to have a NEO Nazi movement, eh?
            Don't know - I'm of the opinion there's a couple of "nazis" living in every street, anywhere.

They were there long before the 30's of the last century, and they'll be there long after we're all gone.

The basic idea is "our lot is morally/ethnically superior to the other lot and that gives us the right to kill them" - that's not exclusive to the early twentieth century, it was not invented in Germany, nor will a repeat necessarily follow the established patern.

As far as I'm concerned there's "nazis" in present day Afghanistan (Malala), they were in Ruanda in the nineties, in Abhu Ghraib, in Yugoslavia during the civil war, they're here on ACG too...

The basic idea is inherent to human nature and quite likely older then written history - the Germans just took it to an an precedented level of organization in documented history.

What's most horrifying in listening to family history, is the notion that ostensibly normal people, loving parents/husbands/neighbours etc. suddenly become murderous fanatics when the right circumstances and opportunities arise.

A psychologic phenomenon btw. that's well documented in cases like the Stanford prison experiment etc.

There's a difference between Nazis and "nazis" -

just my opinion not to offend anyone.
            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
              It seems that the guys over there at Yad Vashem - who should, understandably, be focused on the Jewish victims - somehow did find time to acknowledge, document and honor non-Jewish victims.

The Persecution of Non-Jewish Groups

Non-Jewish Victims of Persecution in Germany
              Good links, Skob and I had a small discussion over this a while back...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X