No Holocaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Holocaust

I often wonder what the world would be like if there had been no holocaust? I think there would be more anti-semitism as well as more jews obviously. Not to mention a much stronger neo-nazi movement.

Why would there be a bigger Neo Nazi movement. If there's been no holocaust then why are there Nazis in power to inspire them in the first place? Big part of Hitler's raison d'etre. Anti Semitic nut job...

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
      Anti Semitic nut job...
      Accurate and fair

Comment

Originally posted by redcoat View Post
        Accurate and fair
        I thought I'd give the thread an intellectual style my man...

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
          Why would there be a bigger Neo Nazi movement. If there's been no holocaust then why are there Nazis in power to inspire them in the first place? Big part of Hitler's raison d'etre. Anti Semitic nut job...
          Because holocaust denial is so big among neo-nazis. bored racist people - holocaust = bigger neo-nazi movement.

Hitler disliked jews that is very clear and if he had just done some "Jim Crow" or other less extreme measures he might have achieved more popularity than he did post-war.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Evil View Post
            Because holocaust denial is so big among neo-nazis. bored racist people - holocaust = bigger neo-nazi movement.

Hitler disliked jews that is very clear and if he had just done some "Jim Crow" or other less extreme measures he might have achieved more popularity than he did post-war.
            Hitler was hardly the first German to call for the extermination of the Jews. A major source of his popularity was his extreme anti semitism. If he hadn't been so violently anti Semitic he may not have been elected.
            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
              Hitler was hardly the first German to call for the extermination of the Jews. A major source of his popularity was his extreme anti semitism. If he hadn't been so violently anti Semitic he may not have been elected.
              He wasn't the first or last person to call for it either german or not. I don't think the German people expected him to take it as far as he did judging by the whole guilt trip that happened for decades afterwards.

Comment

No Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
                  No Israel.
                  Hello Mr. 800-ound Gorilla in the room.

Yes, there would have been twice as many Jews in Europe and they would have been in the same old situation ... but what happened inst3ead of the Holocaust? Did they still get sent to Concentration Camps?
                  Did they still get to see their neighbors fink them out when the going got tough?
                  If so, most of them would still have wanted to leave.
                  Maybe they could all come to the US, and set up a Utah-like enclave somewhere. Considering what they did with some ratty corner of the Muddle East, it would have been a real win-win.

Comment

No great brain-drain of talented scientists to the U.K and the USA.
                    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

The Nazis wouldn't have been Nazis.

Comment

He wasn't the first or last person to call for it either german or not. I don't think the German people expected him to take it as far as he did judging by the whole guilt trip that happened for decades afterwards.
                        Hitlers speeches, from the early 20s onwards talked about killing Jews. He didn't hide his objectives.

The guilt trip was because Hitler merely reflected their own desires back to them.
                        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Great emphsis on japans war crimes.
                          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler%...g_Executioners
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

as well as more jews obviously.
                              Not sure I agree with this.
                              The Jews of Western Europe were already undergoing a strong process of assimilation. There are countless of stories of Jews (or partial Jews) being rounded up and sent to death still insisting they weren't Jews.
                              There probably would have been more Jews, but probably not a lot more like you'd expect.
                              Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
                              No Israel.
                              That however is completely wrong, no matter what the other variables are.
                              The Zionist movement was at it's peek in the 30's-40's even without Nazism, the British were leaving their mandate anyway- sooner or later, so there's not many things you can determinedly say would or wouldn't have happened, however this one is one of them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X