Utube videos of river barges crossing the English Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
    I had looked into this years and ago and concluded that the Kriegsmarine was unfit to replicate an axis version of D-day even if the RAF/RN were neutralized. The Germans did not prepare marine assets that were sufficient to keep an invading army group supplied.
    You're probably correct. To my mind this doesn't show lack of intent as the Germans did exactly the same when invading the USSR in 1941 as well as in the Western Desert in 1941 and 1942! What it does show is that it was either going to be a cakewalk or it wouldn't happen at all. What army needs much supply if all it's got to do is drive 30 miles up the A2 from Dover to Central London?

Edit: As Aber hinted the distance from Dover to London is a bit more than 30 miles (it's actually more like 75). So if you're ever in Britain and I take you out for a drive it's best you navigate.
    Last edited by Full Monty; 23 Nov 13, 06:44.
    Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
      What army needs much supply if all it's got to do is drive 30 miles up the A2 from Dover to Central London?
      Now we know why Barbarossa failed - the German maps were rubbish and showed that Moscow was only 400 miles from Berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post
        Now we know why Barbarossa failed - the German maps were rubbish and showed that Moscow was only 400 miles from Berlin.
        Very subtle. My cartography was never a strong suite.
        Signing out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X