Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September 7, 1939: A date that will live in infamy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
    But if Hitler is assassinated what's Himmler going to do? Sit on his thumbs? Trigger the SS into a rampage? Form a coalition with Hess and Goebbels to rule as a troika?
    Sorry, i thought you meant Himmler to be the one behind a Hitler assassination... my bad!
    Urmh. He would be kinda upset? Your troika doesn't sound unrealistic to me!
    One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanov View Post
      Sorry, i thought you meant Himmler to be the one behind a Hitler assassination... my bad!
      Urmh. He would be kinda upset? Your troika doesn't sound unrealistic to me!
      They were in positions to grab power. Didn't say it would be stable.
      Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
      Hyperwar, Whats New
      World War II Resources
      The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

But if Hitler is assassinated what's Himmler going to do? Sit on his thumbs? Trigger the SS into a rampage? Form a coalition with Hess and Goebbels to rule as a troika?
        I don't know, but the post I was replying to mentioned the arrest of "surviving SS leadership" by the Gestapo, and Heydrich fleeing.
        I concluded Himmler had an accident while cleaning his own service pistol, accidentally discharging it in his own skull, twice.
        Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
          I don't know, but the post I was replying to mentioned the arrest of "surviving SS leadership" by the Gestapo, and Heydrich fleeing.
          I concluded Himmler had an accident while cleaning his own service pistol, accidentally discharging it in his own skull, twice.
          I'm not really seeing the Geheime Staatspolizei arresting a lot of SS officers unless it was a total surprise on one side and prepared in advance on the other.
          Hyperwar, Whats New
          World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by ossian View Post
            According to this source, The Pacific Fleet was relocated to Pearl Harbor from San Pedro on May 7, 1940. That date sounds about right to me. Prior to that date, I know there was a small detachment routinely stationed at Pearl, and I think it included a carrier, but i don't have a source immediately to hand for that.
            Ah, thanks to Mr. Cressman. The Fleet departed the West Coast on April 2, for Fleet Problem XXI. On May 10 FDR ordered that the US Fleet remain in TH for an indefinite time to try to act as a deterrent against Japanese aggression in the Pacific.

I'll have to get a copy of Fleet Problem XXI.
            Hyperwar, Whats New
            World War II Resources

Comment

Ah, thanks to Mr. Cressman. The Fleet departed the West Coast on April 2, for Fleet Problem XXI. On May 10 FDR ordered that the US Fleet remain in TH for an indefinite time to try to act as a deterrent against Japanese aggression in the Pacific.

I'll have to get a copy of Fleet Problem XXI.
              Thanks. I also note that according to the chronology for the previous year, the Hawaiian Detachment was formed on October 5, 1939 with the USS Enterprise assigned as the CV.
              Last edited by ossian; 04 Nov 13, 15:25.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X