Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the British and Soviets have defeated the Germans alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the British and Soviets have defeated the Germans alone?

The scenario is this.
    The war goes as it actually did until December 1941.
    The Japanese Emperor orders the attack on Pearl Harbour cancelled and re-starts talks with the USA.
    That's not important how it just means for the purpose of this alternate history Japan and the USA do not enter the war.

Now the question is can the British Empire and the USSR defeat Germany and its allies with the USA entering the war on their side?
    Yes
    77.27%
    No
    22.73%

Bigger population, bigger GDP, so yes.
    Signing out.

Comment

Also tell me how you think the war would go by year.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip F View Post
        Also tell me how you think the war would go by year.
        No.
        Signing out.

Comment

Here is what I think.

In late 1942 the British will still achieve victory in Egypt.
          Operation Torch may well still go ahead with Canadian troops filling the role of the Americans.
          In 1943 the British will invade Italy.
          In 1944 they will be no D-Day landings but instead the British will land in Yugoslavia and Greece.
          Bulgaria may well change sides at this point and in doing so be saved from communism.
          In 1946 the Soviets will capture Berlin.

Comment

Would exdend the war by a few years and some of those wepaons just to late for the war would enter has game changers. We would have had centurions vs tigers Metores vs ME262s and super heavy russian tanks.

Truth is the war was lost in 1941 all read it just took 4 more years for germany to learn that. Actualy if hittler was not there the germans could surrender far sooner. Maybe in 1943 but that another stroy.

Has for the out come. With out a normany invasion all of germany falls to stalin. A mad dash by free french and brits save france and the low countries but denmark and germany join the red fold.

Since there was no need for it the USA does not build up it's milltary nor get the nuke the quebec project gets the nuke for UK(built in canda due to safty) and russia all so gets it. Both are to late for the war. Since the home lands of UK, france, spain and portgal need to recover and no US aid is foth comming those countries do not give indpency to there collonies. Instead they use them to help restore europe. A indirect consqincy is Africa is far more advance when they gain indepancy.

The deprsion in the USA. Countiens for well beyond 1945. In the end texas leads the way to a break up. The fedral goverment is to weak to stop it and the wars of indpency has it is kowen is breif and with few losses.

There is no vietnam war since france after france pulls out.

The USSR carrys out space explorastion with a rce vs UK and win at every mile stone. Even so the race is slower. The first moon walk is not till the 80s.

Ok who thinks I am crazy.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

A hand is raised.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

There is no such thing has a stupid qustion. Unless it is stupid.
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                  There is no such thing has a stupid qustion. Unless it is stupid.
                  Unless

T
                  he deprsion in the USA. Countiens for well beyond 1945. In the end texas leads the way to a break up. The fedral goverment is to weak to stop it and the wars of indpency has it is kowen is breif and with few losses.
                  War materials would still have been sold cash and carry to all that could come and get it.

So far for your "deprsion"

In 45 Texas was not the eco power house that it is today.

Now back to the OP.

When you say Britain and the USSR I assume you do mean the Empire.

Then for me the answer is "YES" no question about it. As far as your idea of attacking into the Balkans

Comment

Yes, at the cost of a longer, bloodier war.
                    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      Unless

T

War materials would still have been sold cash and carry to all that could come and get it.

So far for your "deprsion"

In 45 Texas was not the eco power house that it is today.

Now back to the OP.

When you say Britain and the USSR I assume you do mean the Empire.

Then for me the answer is "YES" no question about it. As far as your idea of attacking into the Balkans

Never conserd that. And consiring many US companys were close germany we could see the US selling to all sides.

I chose texas because of all states it seems like the one that will say screw you we did not sighn up for this.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Never conserd that. And consiring many US companys were close germany we could see the US selling to all sides.

I chose texas because of all states it seems like the one that will say screw you we did not sighn up for this.
                        Just the small problem for the Germans was how to get it from the US to Germany unless on neutral ships and those would still have been stopped and searched by the CRN and RN.

Comment

With out US help the U boats would be a bigger threat so less ships to intecept ships heading for facist spain.

And with out US help the germains could spend mor effort on building more pocket battel ships to help these transports.

Still seems eayer just to say it is for spain then spain sells to germany.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Are the Neutrality Acts repealed?

Comment

With out US help the U boats would be a bigger threat so less ships to intecept ships heading for facist spain.

And with out US help the germains could spend mor effort on building more pocket battel ships to help these transports.

Still seems eayer just to say it is for spain then spain sells to germany.
                              Andrewza - not wishing to be rude, but if you spell checked your posts it would help very much with their legibility. You are a prolific poster with strong views ... but your posts are peppered with so many spelling and grammatical errors they lose impact. 'Germains' 'mor' 'eayer' ... etc. and this is just one post. Check your other posts and you will see it's a running theme.

You are strident and forceful in your views but the poor spelling, grammar and syntax almost negate what you are trying to convey.
                              "COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
                              - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X