Portal Sacks Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogsbody67 View Post

I was merely wondering if, had Portal and Churchill really been that concerned about the course of the Bomber War (and Harris pushed his luck too far ignoring directives), what the effect on the war effort would have been. Probably not much different to that which occurred, but with less emphasis on 'De-Housing.'

The link below is an old Hare I set running a few years ago - I still wonder what a Mosquito ruled Bomber Command would look like. Probably one minus Harris.
    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=85697
    Like you assume, I too think that the sacking of Harris would not make that much of a difference other than as shift in voiced emphasis on targets.
    Might have improved the feel good factor.

The real life scenario for the proposal of the Mosquito as a bomber was not what the Air Min. wanted at the time. As you know it was the Mosquito as a fighter that allowed the design to survive into acceptance by the Air Min. A bonus was that the Mosquito was very versatile.
    In the mean time, the early days, BC had to get on with Whitleys, Blenheims, Hampdens and Sterlings.

Ed.
    Last edited by dutched; 15 Nov 13, 19:19.
    The repetition of affirmations leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, you better wake up and look at the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by dutched View Post

The real life scenario for the proposal of the Mosquito as a bomber was not what the Air Min. wanted at the time. As you know it was the Mosquito as a fighter that allowed the design to survive into acceptance by the Air Min. A bonus was that the Mosquito was very versatile.
      In the mean time, the early days, BC had to get on with Whitleys, Blenheims, Hampdens and Sterlings.
      Ed.
      It was a contract for 50 fast reconnaissance/bombers and one set aside delelopment for a long range fighter.

Paul
      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
      All human ills he can subdue,
      Or with a bauble or medal
      Can win mans heart for you;
      And many a blessing know to stew
      To make a megloamaniac bright;
      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
        He was and still to this day a hero while that coward Churchill can burn in hell.
        Yes indeed your uncle was () but it can also be said that Churchill was no coward when he served as a young man in India the Sudan, South Africa and later the Western Front.

Paul
        Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 15 Nov 13, 21:25.
        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
        All human ills he can subdue,
        Or with a bauble or medal
        Can win mans heart for you;
        And many a blessing know to stew
        To make a megloamaniac bright;
        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...