World War Three 1946 on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War Three 1946 on Amazon

Took a chance and put an Ebook copy of World War Three 1946 on Amazon. Couldn't afford an editor so I counted on the story to carry the book.

It's number 6 in all Alternate history books after a week. Behind J.R. Rain's The Lost Ark.

Number 22 in Kindle War and Military behind Clancy's Dead or Alive.

And number 4 in Kindle books Alternate History.

Over 600 ebooks in peoples E-readers.

World War Three 1946

www.wwiii1946.blogspot.com
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Good for you man. I thought you're a good writer. A bit dogmatic, but hell we all are in our different ways.

Did Sergio win the war nick fury style???
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by hairog View Post
      Took a chance and put an Ebook copy of World War Three 1946 on Amazon. Couldn't afford an editor so I counted on the story to carry the book.

It's number 6 in all Alternate history books after a week. Behind J.R. Rain's The Lost Ark.

Number 22 in Kindle War and Military behind Clancy's Dead or Alive.

And number 4 in Kindle books Alternate History.

Over 600 ebooks in peoples E-readers.

World War Three 1946

Congratulations.

Hope your next book has a happier gestation.

Comment

Still not taking criticism well?

Historian Z has been following me for quite sometime I believe on the internet by his own admission. He is one of those people who have an unshakable view of the world despite all the facts, figures, logic and imagination to the contrary. He will not be swayed. I believe he is probably one of those debaters that I have taken to task numerous times. If he posts again I might just be able to tell from his arguments just who he is. I have my suspicions already just from what he has written so far.

This story has been extensively discussed on a number of forums. Historian Z's comments, I believe, come directly from those discussions. They got quite lively and I suspect that he was one of the people who did not agree with my presentation and has carried it on to this venue. The debates got very heated at times and a number of people were even banned from the forums and one of the threads locked when I chastised the moderator for not taking action.

I expected these kinds of attacks to happen and I believe it has happened. Some were very upset that I did not cave to their notions of the world in 1946 and got quite hostile.

Comment

Well I'll be damned...

Congrats, you did it!

But if you thought the critics here were rough, just wait. Your out in the world now, for better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post
            Still not taking criticism well?
            Not when it comes from people who are willing to bend the truth and reprint stale arguments.

I have no problem with criticism. See the first review. Scathing but what he said was his viewpoint and I respect that.

And why would someone post such a comment as you have about an exchanged in another venue? Very curious behavior.

Comment

Thanks Bwaha, broderickwells and the Exorcist. Much appreciated.

Comment

Not when it comes from people who are willing to bend the truth and reprint stale arguments.

I have no problem with criticism. See the first review. Scathing but what he said was his viewpoint and I respect that.

And why would someone post such a comment as you have about an exchanged in another venue? Very curious behavior.
                Wait a minute, you're the one that bent truths, ignored the help you asked for, and threw tantrums when anyone dared to criticize you here in these forums; good to see that you've matured a bit on that front...

But, congrats on your accomplishment. Hope you learned from this and it pans out well for you eventually.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Hairog, I hope your book sells well and those that read it enjoy it. I wish you the best of luck and sales on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                    Wait a minute, you're the one that bent truths, ignored the help you asked for, and threw tantrums when anyone dared to criticize you here in these forums; good to see that you've matured a bit on that front...

But, congrats on your accomplishment. Hope you learned from this and it pans out well for you eventually.
                    Thank your for the last sentence.

And I totally disagree with your first paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Hairog, I hope your book sells well and those that read it enjoy it. I wish you the best of luck and sales on it.
                      Thanks T.A.

Comment

Very curious behavior.
                        I knew that one or more of the folks who took a personal dislike to the story would show up sooner or later. I guess it was sooner. They were a bunch of unimaginative bullies who tried every way they could to force me to change the story. I was quite amazing the lengths some of them went to. Even sullying their own reputations.
                        Exactly

Comment

Congratulations! For all the criticism you've had here, this book is still a breath of fresh air compared to the standard narratives of a NATO/Soviet Bloc conflicts, where everything went the American way and the few successes its enemies had were only meant to provide the contrasting background to the smashing victories of the "good guys".
                          www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

You got to #2,847 out of the 2 million e-books on Amazon. That's quite something! The best ranking I've had is #26,954.

I see you're listed, and ranked very highly, in this category:

Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Alternative History

My book is also alternate history (kind of), and I'm wondering if I should list in that category. We're only allowed to choose 2 categories, right?

Also wondering if it's considered OK to present and post a link to one's book here on ACG.

Is it?
                            "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Congrats at getting it published, i hope it set's sales records and you get plenty of folding.

At the very least hafta give you a massive rep for what you have done.

The box said i can't give you a rep as i need to spead more reps before i can give you one, so i'll do it here

Hairog gets 1+ unnoficial rep from Roddoss72.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X