X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip F
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    The Italians were already in Albania. The Greek Army was helping them leave there! The Italian economy was very weak. There was no money to build another railroad in Libya. The French would have defeated any attempt to invade Tunisia.

Pruitt
    Of course they had the money. Just look what they were spending in east Africa alone. I also said I did not expect the attack in Tunisia to be a success but it would enhance Italy's territory claims once France surrender.

Leave a comment:

• broderickwells
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoss72 View Post
    Captured French gear.
    Everybody wins!

Leave a comment:

• Roddoss72
    replied
    Originally posted by Anacreon View Post
    And what will the Germans use?
    Captured French gear.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    The Italians were already in Albania. The Greek Army was helping them leave there! The Italian economy was very weak. There was no money to build another railroad in Libya. The French would have defeated any attempt to invade Tunisia.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Anacreon
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewza View Post
    Use germain tanks and aircraft instead of the junk italies factries squirt out.
    And what will the Germans use?

Leave a comment:

• Philip F
    replied
    Originally posted by Aber View Post
    Infidels controlling Mecca sounds like a recipe for Jihad
    They tried that in Libya so the fascists exterminated a third of the population.

Leave a comment:

• andrewza
    replied
    Use germain tanks and aircraft instead of the junk italies factries squirt out.

Leave a comment:

• Aber
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip F View Post
    If Italy stays neutral it could possibly grab Saudi Arabia in 40/41.
    Infidels controlling Mecca sounds like a recipe for Jihad

Leave a comment:

• Philip F
    replied
    If Italy stays neutral it could possibly grab Saudi Arabia in 40/41. By the time of the Torch landings it could grab Tunisia and ask Hitler for custody of Corsica, nice and savoy.

Leave a comment:

• Philip F
    replied
    Originally posted by Aber View Post
    I'd suggest you get a tape measure out for that, check up on port capacities in North Africa, and also read-up on the East African campaign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Af...I)#Addis_Ababa

The port capacity could supply twice what I mentioned here. Perhaps it is you who needs to look into it.

Leave a comment:

• Aber
    replied
    Originally posted by ITALICA ONE View Post
    I would have stayed out of Europe from the start and continued with Mussolini's expansionist polices in Africa. You dont make much but its better than nothing and at least militarily you will always be victorius.

Death bed last words. Always pay the Legions, Septimius Severus.

http://www.greatmilitarybattles.com/...d_war_two.html
    Expand where - the choice is basically French or British colonies, or Egypt under British protection?

Leave a comment:

• ITALICA ONE
    replied
    I would have stayed out of Europe from the start and continued with Mussolini's expansionist polices in Africa. You dont make much but its better than nothing and at least militarily you will always be victorius.

Death bed last words. Always pay the Legions, Septimius Severus.

http://www.greatmilitarybattles.com/...d_war_two.html

Leave a comment:

• Carl Schwamberg
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip F View Post
    What should Italy have done in world war II?
    Remain neutral until the appropriate moment to join the Allies and then aid in the crushing of nazi Germany.

This is a strategy I recommend for Japan as well.

Leave a comment:

• broderickwells
    replied
    I would also suggest reading up on Italy's interwar diplomatic behaviour: plenty of skulduggery with Hungary regarding Yugoslavia. If Italy wants to come out of WWII better than it did, it would be wise to stay neutral. For all of it. This gambit worked for Franco and Salazar.

Leave a comment:

• Destroyer25
    replied
    This thread may be of interest to you.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98372

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X