A New Day Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    No, it is not. Admiral Ellzey will be speaking with you shortly.
    So you mean you actually got the entire country to agree on scrapping the Constitution?
    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

No. Seems VADM. Roma is not clear on the point of this group.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

With the powers the president now has and the reduction in power of the judicial, legislative, and governors; I can only view this as a pseudo dictatorship in practice if not in name. The president now has the majority of the power at the detriment of the other branches.

Still confused as to the role of the governor in this particular game.
        First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Any more comments on the President which he does not have those powers, can result in punishment of said VADM.

Comment

What is a VADM? I'm assuming Vice Admiral? This is the OOC thread, not the IC thread so regarding comments made OOCly as IC is a bit much.

I'm just remarking that the president has gained power while all other branches has lost it in your new set up in this game. Its merely a remark and I'm curious.

Comment

If you're in the Navy, you stick with the Navy, and I thought you knew war stuff? VADM is Vice Admiral. More will be clear, some of the back story has already been posted, did you read it?

Comment

Nor does the President have power over the branches. After all, it is my game, with Mr. Jones, and we aim to get it right. We are the two administrators. So if you have a beef, it is with us.

Comment

When I speak OOCly I speak OOCly, nothing I say here is IC.

What are you talking about you thought I knew war stuff? I have hosted my own naval wargame here and played in countless others besides reading an enormous amount of literature.

The fact I'm bringing up and what I've asking about has all been ignored. I've read all threads posted about this game. None of them answer these questions.

You have not specified what a governor in YOUR game will have the power to do and the stuff he will need to do.

OOCly I also remarked and asked curious questions about the government. Packing the court, enacting all these measures, reducing governor power, etc, all decrease the others power and give power to the president. I was just asking your reasoning and for clarification on how this new government works.

Comment

It will all be posted by 10-10 is what I said. Inner-workings of a government in 2024. You've been given a position within the Navy, there is no dictatorship here. I've decided to give the governor position elsewhere due to you wanting to be in the Navy. VADM has been an abbreviation since the office was created before we were all born. If you saw in the backstory, it is a government of the people for the people.

Comment

I was curious because you stated that the president packed the court, has the potential for unlimited terms, passed all of these laws and acts that technically violate the Constitution so there would have to be amendments, and etc.

Comment

It was not exactly him packing the court. He hand-picked whom he thought was best, political party not the issue or the case. Most even were put there by President Stander. Many died off in the illness that took alot of Washington in 2019.

Comment

What is going to be in the continuing backstory, is the constitution was re-written in 2018, not by the People's Party.

Comment

Constitution was rewritten? That'll be a doozy.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable being the VA of Alaska. I mean, I have 3 cutters of which 2 are armed. I mean, how much worse of a position can a VA get? Nothing really that I can think of. I mean, aren't there plenty of stations open?

Comment

That is what we can offer you at this point.

Comment

Why exactly? Of the huge and limitless number of positions available Alaska with 3 cutters is all thats available? I mean, what in the hell would I even do there but twiddle my thumbs? Nothing at all. No reason to play something which wouldn't be fun.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X