No announcement yet.

Second Rhodesia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO! At least for now. We need to remain out of any form of public scrutiny for now. We do not need to advertise in any case. we can use our contacts in SA to get jobs across africa.

I was thinking about attaching a 10 man SF styl group to every battalion. basically 2 four man groups and 2 advisors. Though i say SF they do not need to be delta force, recces, SAS extra but instead can be from parabats,rangers, marine force recon, the lowest will be a unit like the air assault infantry. These guys can perform recon, act has FAC and use the more exotic gear such has AMRs, hand held tactical drones even the relay station(TGS) for the seeker 2 drone that can almost double it's 250km range. This will free up our real SF and give our battlions that little extra kick
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• we need to make some sort of formal appearance to placate the populace of the west. The Hippies man, they catch wind of white people in Africa stockpiling weapons they are goin to get all Kony 2012 on us.

we need to allay fears or we'll get squished for brownie points.
      Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• And if and when we get spotted we will make ourselves known. Not to mention we still small there are 400 000 registered private security guards in south africa (most are not armed but many groups are close to paramilitary though non at the blackwater level any more) so our group is a fish in a large ocean right now.
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• to quote

this incident made your business public as several articles where written in several major newspaper and media sites. They demand answer.
          we've been spotted, I can imagine the headline

SHADOW ORGANISATION ORDERS ATTACK PLANES

no information on the company? almost 1% of the worlds frogfoots under one roof?

Investigative journalists, unless the editors are satisfied, are going to start moving in.

this stuff is juicy, coming from what may be the most liberal city in the southern hemisphere (seriously, this place is nuts) I can imagine the reaction. People are going to start organising petitions, protesting down the streets, doing fundraisers to fundraise something and they are going to blow everything waaaay out of proportion.

just Ignoring the papers is not the right thing to do, it makes them rabid and it tells western governments, in no uncertain terms, that we are most definitely up to something, they are going to want to know what, and after a wee bit of investigating (we haven't been too covert) they'll figure something major is going down and subsequently either try hijack us or, as mentioned earlier, shut us down for hippie brownie points.
          Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• O I did not see that part.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• I think that the humanitarian angle is a bit of a stretch. Trying too hard to conceal that they're combat aircraft will just look like we're trying to hide it. Providing a valuable service to local militaries, so that they're able to defend against 1st World Air Forces sounds like an anti-colonialist sort of thing that will appeal to the hippies, while at the same time concealing that there's one country we're not making offers to....plus we spend more time highlighting our far more innocuous services....the military training service just happened to come about after we got some requests....

And we're going to be sneaking the T-64s in, in small lots as they're completed. With painted on rust to conceal to the average untrained eye that they're fully capable MBTs, rather than scrapyard queens going to our machine works to be used as parts for fixing tanks all over the continent.

And we'll be hiding some of our other gear as it comes in. I want to go ahead and buy the full lot of Landcruisers though, for delivery in lots of 10 or so....we can go ahead and get that done as they have a legitimate use for our companies.

Plus we can get the MiG21s in to South Africa, where the Israelis have a pretty good relationship and can do the mods.....while not making anyone overly suspicious.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Due to RL business and school work, next big post is posted either in Monday or Tuesday, but I try to answer questions.
                Some things for you to decide is exact numbers of vehicles and equipment.
                From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
                Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• I would say.

3000 land crusers all type(troop transport, wepaons carrer,genrail transport, ambalnce, comand and control)
                  2000 truks 2.5 ton to 10 ton(all typs from genrail and troop transport, fuel or water, wepaons carrer, ambualc(the Rinkhals Armoured Ambulance is a good choice) gun tractor, engerniring, wepaons carrer extra.)
                  We all ready have the T64s
                  60 good BMP1s with 23mm guns and 40 cheap ones for spare parts
                  100 ratels (conzidring SA was going tove around 40(only 2 made it befor the coup) to CAR for free minuse reverbshment and transport we could get them for cheap)
                  100 casspirs.
                  200 eland mk7s

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Due to school, RL and lack of inspiration, this must be put on hold.
                    Hopefully we can continue this later. This has been rather fun and I hope that you guys had fun too.
                    From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
                    Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                    "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• as a ex member of the rhodesian and zimbabwe army.you guys amuse me.are you serious.you would not get with in 5000km of zimbabwe .call the major you all should know who i am talking about ..dream on
                      728501 s/sgt

Comment

• Um.....hypothetical. As in a simple exercise with no actual planning.

Oh....and there isn't 5000k between the borders. I'm more than confident that anyone could get within that distance of your capital.

Anywho.... with a good plan I figure that your borders could be breached in 30 minutes by the right force. Taking air supremacy wouldn't really be hard, and you don't have a large number of motorways to move troops....some well placed bombs or even aerial mines would hold up a response.

Comment

• Who needs roads tac.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                            Who needs roads tac.
                            Logistics assets.

I recall you talking about a SADF expeditionary force that fought valiantly but was defeated because they ran out of ammo for their support weapons. That rings true in this scenario. Without roads or rivers to transport supplies quickly to the front, the Zimbabweans will find themselves quickly running short of necessary munitions. They don't have much in the way of AT assets, so those will be taxed the hardest with the level of armored warfare we have available.

The troops ready to move quickly will be lightly armed and equipped mostly with trucks and other vehicles that are best on-road. The heaviest gear will take a day or two to scramble into formation....and that's with high quality troops at a high state of readiness. I don't know how it would work with them being they're not in the top tier.

Plus, the best gear and weapons are likely not stored in penny packets with their units. To protect security against a coup, they'd need to be centrally stored. Blocking access, even temporarily, will massively hamper any response. Naturally bombing those points would be better, but a couple of days makes a HUGE difference in a blitz.

Basically, drop key bridges, or take out key sections of road, and the response to the attack will be piecemeal. Units will fight with what gear they have locally, unable to draw from the central storage facilities. Not saying they won't fight well, but they'll fight with their hands behind their backs. Infantry will have rifles and machine guns, maybe even some grenades and RPGs. But the tanks, the artillery, most of the APCs, the ATGMs, these will be few and far between, uselessly concentrated away from the front, and with blown roads and bridges making their movement slow and complicated.

Plus, there's the added point. Hit the depots, or even the rapid access, and the troops at the front will soon be out of ammo with which to resist. Troops spread out at bases or outposts typically have enough ammo in the armory for a week or two of patrolling against insurgents, or a day of full combat. Ammunition, especially for machine guns and heavy weapons, will vanish rapidly in real combat, and units will be down to rifles alone in short order. I do not doubt the valor of their troops, but their ability to resist well-supplied and equipped troops in good order is going to be massively degraded if they've only got a few belts for their machine gun and a couple of RPGs and maybe 6 magazines per soldier. Not to mention that bypassed or unengaged troops will be razing the countryside for food. Which will be competing with civilians who naturally also hoard and search for food. While it's not going to break them....it will make things yet more complicated for their commanders. Add in gasoline supplies, water, basically everything that a peacetime army pulls off the national supply chain and doesn't keep huge local stocks of.

(Remember, Logistics was my field in the Corps. We used to wargame and train to put bullets and other supplies in the hands of our troops in all sorts of terrain. Also how to move things to places they shouldn't be. It's not too hard to calculate all the problems that come about from the same.)
                            Last edited by TacCovert4; 17 Oct 13, 18:01.

Comment

• It was humor. But blowing up a road secstion will do littel since you caan go cross country. A bridge will be better.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X