Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somoza agrees to enter the war

Part 1

On October 21 1940 Hitler offers Anastasio Somoza an ultimatum to enter the war on Germany's side or German troops will enter Nicaragua anyway.
    Somoza agrees and Nicaragua enters the war in January 1941.

On 10 November, Hitler issued Führer Directive No. 19,which stated that "political measures to induce the prompt entry of Nicaragua into the war have been initiated" and that "The aim of German intervention in the Central American Isthmus (code name Juan) will be to drive the English out of the Western Caribbean." It also mentioned the potential invasion of Honduras if the British maintained a foothold and requested that the occupation of Aruba and of Jamaica be investigated.

Directive No. 17
    The preparatory measures of the High Command for the conduct of the war in the near future will be made on the following lines :
    1. Relations with France.
    The aim of my policy towards France is to co-operate with that country in the most effective manner possible for the future conduct of the war against England. For the present France will assume the role of a 'non-belligerent power' and will thus be required to allow German war measures on French territory and particularly in the Caribbean colonies. She will also be required to support these measures with her own forces as far as may be necessary. The most urgent duty of the French is to secure their Caribbean possessions (Guadalupe and Martinique), offensively and defensively, against England and the de Gaulle movement. From this the full participation of France in the war against England may develop.
    The conversations with France begun at my meeting with Marshal Pétain will, apart from the day-to-day work of the Armistice Commission, be carried out exclusively by the Foreign Office, in liaison with the High Command of the Armed Forces.
    Further instructions will be issued when these conversations are concluded.

blah blah blah control coffee supplies, navy bases in Caribbean, invasion of Mexico, UK surrenders, USSR joins the Axis, Nazis have man on the moon by 1953 and man on Mars by 1967.

Jodl is to be in command.
    Кто там?
    Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
    Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Umm,.... Monroe Doctrine?
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

I prefer beef Somozas to veggie ones, too. Not too spicy though
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Purist View Post
          I prefer beef Somozas to veggie ones, too. Not too spicy though
          Mouse!

Comment

I seriously doubt that the US would've let Germany put troops in any county in Central America. I'm not even sure Germany could accomplish that feat in the first place. They couldn't get across the English Channel, how are they going to get all the way across the Atlantic? Even if they could, they would not have been able to support a large force. The USN would've sunk whatever the RN missed. Plus the US had forces in the Canal Zone itself. It's a pretty far fetched scenario.

Comment

Uh, Phil? It was a spoof.
              The Purist

Comment

Originally posted by The Purist View Post
                ... It was a spoof.
                Or the most brilliant piece of counter-factual thinking since the pontoon bridge across the English Channel made out of u-boats.
                Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
                  I seriously doubt that the US would've let Germany put troops in any county in Central America. I'm not even sure Germany could accomplish that feat in the first place. They couldn't get across the English Channel, how are they going to get all the way across the Atlantic? Even if they could, they would not have been able to support a large force. The USN would've sunk whatever the RN missed. Plus the US had forces in the Canal Zone itself. It's a pretty far fetched scenario.
                  Could they send advisors on Submarines?
                  texjoy861 from youtube:

"Aaron Sorkin writes like a limousine liberal version of Ayn Rand. None of the characters sound remotely like human beings."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X