• Show
Clear All

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Is he back?

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    It was actually a fairly good time for a pause, The Empire at least is ready to continue any time

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    He won't have to stay in Saudi Ameriphobia forever.
    Unless... they didn't like his internet viewing habits.

He will be back, and when he is we will have some catching up to do. We wen't in the middle of anything all that complex, thank goodness!

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
    Pity that this game came to such end one of the few games that I really enjoyed here...
    Don't be so sure of that, only reason it's dead now is because access to the ACG is apparently severely restricted in SA.

I wonder why

Leave a comment:

• Ulrih
    replied
    Pity that this game came to such end one of the few games that I really enjoyed here...

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Make sure the first thing you do post is a picture of the VP point table with The Empire in the lead

All the best there -

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Well, thanks for letting us know. Yeh, as Garden Spots go, your are in a real stinker.

How much longer will you be stuck there?

Leave a comment:

• The Purist
    replied
    Good evening gents,... at least its evening here in Riyadh in the KSA.

It has been hell here trying to find a location with a Wi-Fi spot that didn't block ACG (at a uni café at the moment). Apparently y'all are amongst the group of sites that may be considered subversive (hard to find out why some sites are blocked and others aren't,... facebook, for instance, is not).

In any case, with everything going on here travel is pretty much limited to trips between the office and the compound (razor wire, blast walls, machine gun posts,... the usual joy and fun in the mid-east). The compound itself is top notch with amenities (gym, pools, bistro, café, pretty good restaurant,... we call it the 5 star prison).

All the same, I have no idea when I'll be able to source a computer. This is not a place where you just walk into a Microsoft store and order up a box with a keyboard.

I'll try to check in again when I can.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Not really, I'm sure he'll back when he gets settled

Leave a comment:

• Ulrih
    replied
    Any news from Purist? How his move to new place ended etc.?

Leave a comment:

• The Purist
    replied
    Apologies to all, Team.

I have spent the last few days packing up the house in order to put 'er up for sale.

I am being posted to the mid-east in about three or four days so I have really busy getting ready.

As I noted above I will need some time to get organised overseas and find a computer that will run the game. I have the game file and if everything works as it should we can pick up again where we have left off.

However, just to let everyone know where they stand the political picture after the recent war is thus:

Austria - jumps well in front of the pack and now has 31% of its needed VPs. Can it maintain its lead? Spain is coming up fast.
    Spain - needing fewer VPs than most also raced passed Russia and Turkey into a solid 2nd place standing. No sign of Spain slowing either. Events will tell.
    Russia - is now in 3rd place but not out of the race.
    France - has moved up to 4th place and has a high political standing. France needs every point and has options.
    Britain - sags into 5th place due to recent defets
    Prussia and Turkey are pulling up the rear but Prussia will move up steadily.

Austria stands to race ahead due to its political standing but may soon be passed by Spain (the bell curve). It depends on how the two powers make use of the political points. Can they avoid needless loses of political points?

France has lagged behind but will soon pull up nicely due to the recent wins against Britain and Turkey and if the pol Pt level remains high, the VPs will come rolling in.

Russia is still solidly in the game.

Britain needs a solid recovery, the current critically low political standing needs to be reversed or it will continue to fall back.

Turkey is much the same boat but if it can stay clear of trouble may still have a good run for the top three.

Prussia has recovered some but also needs to get to higher level politically to start capitalizing on its lower VP demand.

Stay tuned.

Things are going to get interesting.
    Last edited by The Purist; 21 Dec 15, 22:33.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    No probs on my side - not that I know of anyway,

I will be gone for the holidays as usual, but I should be able to anticipate orders to keep the game going.
    You might want to send the boss what your econ phase will look like, or at least what your priorities are.

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    No probs on my side - not that I know of anyway,

I will be gone for the holidays as usual, but I should be able to anticipate orders to keep the game going.

Leave a comment:

• Ulrih
    replied
    Hmmm, do we have some problems with game? I`m asking this as last turn is longer than actual month in real life

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    Get busy
    Just as soon as I get my Cash, I will.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X