Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pardon the delay, Gents. My HD Blu Ray extended edition of 'The Hobbit: The BAttle of the Five Armies arrived and I had to absorb it and then the entire extended version triliogy.

Over the Christmas break I will be doing both 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogies in a two day, 24hr Tolkien marathon.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
      Pardon the delay, Gents. My HD Blu Ray extended edition of 'The Hobbit: The BAttle of the Five Armies arrived and I had to absorb it and then the entire extended version triliogy.

Over the Christmas break I will be doing both 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogies in a two day, 24hr Tolkien marathon.
      It will be tough even for Tolkien fan especially way to long Hobbit.

Comment

• 3rd Battle of Algiers

Spain and Algerians set to with hammer and tongs.

What tactic for the Spanish??
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

Spain and Algerians set to with hammer and tongs.

What tactic for the Spanish??
          did you not get it?
          Echelon.
          I'm not even sure what the balance of forces is ,but that one seems to work well.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Pardon the delay, gents. Preparing to move house if the overseas posting comes through. I was a bit distracted this weekend with that issue.

Will get to the french move this evening and then on to December so get me your diplomatice moves.
            The Purist

Comment

• Ok,... let's get this month and quarter wrapped up. With so much 'peace' going on its should be a quick execution.

I am also waiting on word of a transfer over seas (its why I have been absent for three full days). If I do go it will mean we pause the game until I find a computer 'dumb' enough to run a 2007 game.

I do have a back up disk for window XP so it should be possible to find a techie who can put a box together.

So, nobody panic.
              The Purist

Comment

• I am running Win seven and on a 3.3 six corp and the game seems to work fine

Comment

• I couldn't seem to access the strategic map tonight so I had to 'land mark' some moves rather than use the area numbers. Seems to work without too much pain but it takes more text.

Econ Phase Dec 1807.

Get busy
                  The Purist

Comment

• Finally we`re back

Comment

Get busy
                      Just as soon as I get my Cash, I will.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Hmmm, do we have some problems with game? I`m asking this as last turn is longer than actual month in real life

Comment

• No probs on my side - not that I know of anyway,

I will be gone for the holidays as usual, but I should be able to anticipate orders to keep the game going.
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                            No probs on my side - not that I know of anyway,

I will be gone for the holidays as usual, but I should be able to anticipate orders to keep the game going.
                            You might want to send the boss what your econ phase will look like, or at least what your priorities are.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Apologies to all, Team.

I have spent the last few days packing up the house in order to put 'er up for sale.

I am being posted to the mid-east in about three or four days so I have really busy getting ready.

As I noted above I will need some time to get organised overseas and find a computer that will run the game. I have the game file and if everything works as it should we can pick up again where we have left off.

However, just to let everyone know where they stand the political picture after the recent war is thus:

Austria - jumps well in front of the pack and now has 31% of its needed VPs. Can it maintain its lead? Spain is coming up fast.
                              Spain - needing fewer VPs than most also raced passed Russia and Turkey into a solid 2nd place standing. No sign of Spain slowing either. Events will tell.
                              Russia - is now in 3rd place but not out of the race.
                              France - has moved up to 4th place and has a high political standing. France needs every point and has options.
                              Britain - sags into 5th place due to recent defets
                              Prussia and Turkey are pulling up the rear but Prussia will move up steadily.

Austria stands to race ahead due to its political standing but may soon be passed by Spain (the bell curve). It depends on how the two powers make use of the political points. Can they avoid needless loses of political points?

France has lagged behind but will soon pull up nicely due to the recent wins against Britain and Turkey and if the pol Pt level remains high, the VPs will come rolling in.

Russia is still solidly in the game.

Britain needs a solid recovery, the current critically low political standing needs to be reversed or it will continue to fall back.

Turkey is much the same boat but if it can stay clear of trouble may still have a good run for the top three.

Prussia has recovered some but also needs to get to higher level politically to start capitalizing on its lower VP demand.

Stay tuned.

Things are going to get interesting.
                              Last edited by The Purist; 21 Dec 15, 21:33.
                              The Purist

Comment

• Any news from Purist? How his move to new place ended etc.?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X