This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I oppose the exclusion of the loaning of troops ban as it it screws England

England is designed to supplement its allies forces to increase there morale not fight battles on there own.

It also designed to bank rolls its allies armies while in the field with English forces. As I did in Spain.

And some countries such as spain and Turkey are designed to have forces loaned to them to improve there chances in battle

I would propose that countries which are not part of the war not be able to be loaned to attack neutral parties in land battles

such as Nap attacking wellington at Valencia. the gm can control that.

also the only way to possibly defeat the English fleet is through combining of fleets

Can you defeat the French fleet on your own Can anyone now. without the ability to loan fleet your ensuring a French victory in every sea battle.
    Last edited by craven; 02 Nov 15, 14:05.

Comment

• Well actually you don`t have to beat someone superior at sea in naval battles as naval power can`t force other country to fight at sea which is different from land battles. Except the situation when port is blockaded and assaulted from the land in the same time.
      So even with smaller forces pinpoint attack tactics can be chosen by weaker country as we did with Exo against Britain. Pinpoint attacks and naval building melted RN force and shifted balance towards France and Spain.
      Speaking about loaning troops - if countries are at war I don`t see the objections to such loan as it would be wrong also historically. But anyway we are 6 players and I`ll respect decision of majority.

BTW - French economic numbers. If there were full reparations from Britain in next (this) economic phase then I don`t see where they are noted? Also no income/manpower from the provinces that France gained from Ottoman Empire.
      Last edited by Ulrih; 03 Nov 15, 02:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post

BTW - French economic numbers. If there were full reparations from Britain in next (this) economic phase then I don`t see where they are noted?
        Payments Recv'd: 12
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• spain stole half your money

Comment

• Looks like we split the remaining funds and left the larger sum, Income, alone.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Map Updates Oct 1807

An New Frankish Outremer?

The Baltic Theatre

The Channel is Quiet

The Austrian Theatre

The Silence of the Guns

Attached Files
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Political Status and VPs

The current political status

Spain and France share the stage for most dominant powers in Europe while the Turks and British struggle with economic dislocation and political unrest roiling their economies.

Victory Point Status

Austria pulls in front of Britain for the first time
                Spain and Greta Britain fight for second place
                France and Russia are running neck and neck for third place
                Turkey staggers forward while holding fourth place
                Prussia challenges from the back of the pack.

Attached Files
                The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                  Payments Recv'd: 12
                  When I looked at first at the numbers there was no such line if I`m not mistaken.
                  Still in Conquered states nothing about Serbia, Bulgaria and Walachia. Therefore I asked. It`s minor issue but still wanted to clarify.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                    When I looked at first at the numbers there was no such line if I`m not mistaken.
                    Still in Conquered states nothing about Serbia, Bulgaria and Walachia. Therefore I asked. It`s minor issue but still wanted to clarify.
                    The Outremer province are part of you general income from home and conquered states, so is their manpower. The three provinces do not provide much to the French but they will be missed by the poor Turks.
                    The Purist

Comment

• England will be declaring war on Prussia as stated earlier

Comment

• 4 countries are tied for 2nd place.... wow, I'd call that about as indecisive as it gets!
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          4 countries are tied for 2nd place.... wow, I'd call that about as indecisive as it gets!
                          no it quite decisive it kind of like looking at polls the overall numbers don't matter at this point look at the numbers below them and you can see only three countries are in the game and me and you are not them.

Comment

• Le Moniteur Universel
                            Today at Tuileries Palace Emperor Napoleon I announced that before Christmas new ceremony will be held in Paris for citizens and victorious troops returning from Spain and Balkans. Ceremony will mark the beginning of new age of peace and prosperity for French Empire.

In the mean time in other theaters of war - lots of maneuvering on the Russian Western border. "Strange war" in Dalmatia continues.

Comment

• The Imperial ambassador will attend the ceremony, obviously.
                              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                              Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• November breeze...

,... and no smell of gunpowder or sound of cannon.

The winter clouds are gathering,... diplomacy for November 1807.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X