This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
    I think I have been at war for longer than anyone else. Starting with my attack on France and continuing through Austria’s treachery. It is just the fact that for the most part Austria has been willing to sit on the defense (after they stole my Italian provinces) that has kept me in the game.
    nope got ya beat kicked off with my invasion of Cherbough you jumped one or two turns latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
      nope got ya beat kicked off with my invasion of Cherbough you jumped one or two turns latter.
      Actually you started the game at war so you definitely have me beat.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

... Austria has been willing to sit on the defense (after they stole my Italian provinces) ...
        Welcome to the club.

The Balkans are bad? I don't know why that would be the case. Go 20 miles down the road and the terrain is totally different.
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          Welcome to the club.

The Balkans are bad? I don't know why that would be the case. Go 20 miles down the road and the terrain is totally different.
          Oh, are you inviting me to walk into Trieste? You only have a couple of Corps there should be doable.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Oh, are you inviting me to walk into Trieste? You only have a couple of Corps there should be doable.
            In Trieste? Austrians are sitting there, Exo rules Spain. And yes, I and craven beat everybody in terms of longer war as we started game already involved in this. This will be actually first month that France are not fighting anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
              In Trieste? Austrians are sitting there, Exo rules Spain. And yes, I and craven beat everybody in terms of longer war as we started game already involved in this. This will be actually first month that France are not fighting anyone.
              I realize that peace is breaking out all over but Russia is still at war with Austria and your favorite lap dog Prussia.

Comment

I realize that peace is breaking out all over but Russia is still at war with Austria and your favorite lap dog Prussia.
                Hmm, what I have to do with Prussia apart from that France had luckily blitzkrieg with it in the start of the game?

Comment

Actually you started the game at war so you definitely have me beat.
                  I was just talking about being engaged in actual combat operations.

think it took me half a year to build up army so I could inake my raid in France

Funny part of the game I started planning on only fighting France now I am planning on never fighting France

was not going to take part in the wars between other nations except those involving France.

Now I am going to fight everyone but France and Russia

oh and no whinning on how tough it is until you have troops in every map are of the game.

Comment

• hey Purist

any luck finding a better map that is zoomable.

and if anyone is asking why I was looking for a new map. The one that is zoomable has Valencia and Cartegena adjacent to each other
                    Last edited by craven; 18 Oct 15, 11:12.

Comment

• I would like to propose that since virtually everyone is at peace that we no longer “loan” troops except as a condition of a peace treaty.

Comment

I would like to propose that since virtually everyone is at peace that we no longer “loan” troops except as a condition of a peace treaty.
                        What do you mean by "condition as a peace treaty"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                          What do you mean by "condition as a peace treaty"?

There is one condition that allows you to take 1 corps from your defeated enemy and use it for a year. However it is treated as yours for supply purposes.

edit...Never mind that condition isn't in the online game.
                          Last edited by Tsar; 01 Nov 15, 07:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                            hey Purist

any luck finding a better map that is zoomable.

and if anyone is asking why I was looking for a new map. The one that is zoomable has Valencia and Cartegena adjacent to each other
                            Nope. Can't find one anywhere. The old one was posted years ago when folks wer doing PBeM with the board game. Apparently, no one has eve gone into the program to take the map file and post it.
                            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• I also agree that loaning corps could be done away with. Fleets can continue as is because the rule is there to replicate a game mechanic from the board game.

As we saw in Spain, Napoleon was able to "reinforce" Castanos because both countries were at war with Britain and Turkey. Calling in reinforcements is a strategy that can used by both attackers and defenders.
                              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Agreed. What we had was 2 pairs of nations at war with each other in the same place at the same time.
                                I never want to be in that situation again.
                                Combining fleets was also a headache. I know it worked, but it got to the point where one of us or the other was in charge of all the damn ships. Didn't allow for much independent action.

We are all at peace now?
                                Isn't Russia still facing Austria and Prussia, alone?
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X