X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by craven View Post
    you can build at least two corps per econ phase who else can
    I can for one, but I think nearly everyone depending on the size of the Corps.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
      I can for one, but I think nearly everyone depending on the size of the Corps.
      38 Manpower

equal one corp more or less

Confederation of the Rhine $72, 36mp: 17 Infantry builds one corp

and france proper can build another corp

Comment

38 Manpower

equal one corp more or less

Confederation of the Rhine $72, 36mp: 17 Infantry builds one corp

and france proper can build another corp

Everyone has a few corps that are 10 or so.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Yup. In fact many of the CoR corps are 8-10 factors in total. Some are larger.

In the tutorial thread you can see the corps strengths for the armies.

For example, the French corps run from a max of 25I and 3C to 15I and 1C. Seems scary but France has only 12 infantry corps plus the Guards, Artillery and four cav corps (7/7/5/5). Seems large (18 corps) but compare that to:

Russia - 15 Gds/Inf corps, 1 Arty corps, 5 cav corps (21 corps)

or Austria's

2 Guards corps, 9 Inf corps, 3 cav corps and 2 insurrection corps (16 corps)

Then there is Prussia (9 corps, all of a good size and with healthy internal cav), Britain (6 Inf 1 Cav with 4.5 and 4 morale - total 7), Spain (9 corps, 1 cav corps, 3 militia corps - total 13)

So, depending on who is fighting who armies can find themselves with a deficit in operational units (corps) even if the ones they have are comparatively strong.

Manpower and money is only part of the equation.
          The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Naval Losses Aug 1807

Naval Losses

Current losses as of Aug 1807 stand at:

Royal Navy - 48H, 62L
            France - 23L
            Spain - 4H, 30L
            Russia - 6L
            Turkey - 16H, 10L
            Portugal - 7H, 8L
            Sweden - 3H, 6L
            Denmark - 6H, 8L
            Holland 9L
            Naples - 2L

Grand total: 248 vessels

Coalition: 150 ships
            French and Spanish/Allied: 83 ships
            Russian/Russian Allied: 15 ships

Losses by class:

Coalition -70H, 80L
            Fr/Sp Alliance - 11H, 72L
            Ru/Sw Concordat - 3H, 12L
            Last edited by The Purist; 12 Oct 15, 10:04.
            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• My apologies for my unannounced absence from this game and the other, I'll try to read and answer all PM's in the next few days after familiarizing myself with recent events.

For urgent affairs feel free to PM, PM box is open again.

Thanks.
              Last edited by Snowygerry; 12 Oct 15, 04:15.
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Current Naval Strengths

After the latest dust up the balance of naval power breaks down thus (all public knowledge):

Royal Navy - 35H, 12L with 10L under construction
                French Fleet - 49H, 7L with 17H under construction
                Spanish Armada - 35H, 5L with 1H and 1L under construction
                Russian Fleet - 28H, 2L
                Turkish Fleet - 8L with 1L under construction
                Austrian High Seas Fleet - 4L with 1L under construction
                Prussian Fleet 1L under contruction
                Swedish Fleet - 7H
                Dutch Fleet - 13H, 6L
                Neapolitan Fleet - 1H, 4L
                The Purist

Comment

• hmm I thought the Austrians had a few more ships. ie some heavies

Comment

hmm I thought the Austrians had a few more ships. ie some heavies
                    Only if they build the Venetian fleet (potential max 20H and 10L)
                    The Purist

Comment

• So many heavies out there.... looks like only the RN had the right idea about replacements.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Frigates do tend to take the brunt of the naval battles. They are used as attrition units.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Saragosa

The Brits made a play for Saragosa and even though the French did not fight (no doubt because they are not at war Britain any longer) and they breached the wall, they didn't quite break the garrison.

Lack of supply meant the British and Turks had to forage in poor forage terrain and they paid the price (literally eating their horses).

So,... that was a long turn. On to Sep 1807.

Diplomacy Phase

NB - Turkey in the Fiasco Zone so it falls from British control immediately and is now and uncontrolled minor.

The normal January bids to take control of Turkey would be a bit pointless until Turkey climbs back into the Stable Zone. Otherwise, while 'Unstable" the controlling power would only lose control during the following Econ Phase.
                          The Purist

Comment

• Game Tip

With the econ phase coming up it is a good idea to look at fleets and combine small fleets into larger ones to reduce the number of fleet hqs that must be maintained.
                            The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              So many heavies out there.... looks like only the RN had the right idea about replacements.
                              actually I built lights to get inside the French build loop france got a jump on me building ships one econ turn I built inf he build like ten heavies so I built lights to get my ships completed when his ships were coming on line.

don't forget you get a plus one if you have x number of heavies more than your enemy

Comment

• England unconditionally surrenders to both Austria and Spain.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X