This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    I believe you will have to wait for the Econ phase and purchase the fleet hq. That hq is currently in your force pool including the 16H. I hope that simply deploying the fleet in a Russian port in October will return the 16 heavies as well.

Okay, but, remember you can leave ships undeployed you can not leave troops that way.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
      Okay, but, remember you can leave ships undeployed you can not leave troops that way.
      This risks one should probably take into account by loaning troops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsar View Post
        Yup. That is the case with new production. They simply remian in port until the ships are collected into a new fleet or burned when the port falls to the bad guys.

In this case they are already assigned to the fleet in the force pool so I suspect they will reappear with the fleet hq.
        The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• in a few games I have played in the when I was at war with people or allied and peace got made I had to search everywhere all my border towns to figure out where ships and or troops ended up. They were still in a corp but in a city was a pain in the ass

Comment

• garrisons move to the nearest owned city, corps have three month leaves enemy territory after a surrender or they get repatriated as noted.

Corps without "access" caught in territory that changes hands and not part of the peace 'parties' are immediately repatriated to the nearest city/supply source

Note the Russian corps was sent to Ragusa (4 areas from its location in Wallachia) as opposed Kamnentz or Odessa (5 areas away)
            The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Massive Naval Battle in the Bay of Biscay

The Royal Navy and Turkish Fleets established a distant blockade of San Sebastian in order to concentrate their forces in case of a battle. The combines French and Spanish fleets challenged the British and Turks who tried to avoid battle. Failing to evade the incoming enemy the Royal Navy deployed for battle.

The Spanish and French closed in with over 130 ships with the wind at their backs even as part of the Dutch fleet and the entire Neapolitan force refused to join the combat. Seventy-two British and Turkish ships formed their line and received the opening Spanish volley before responding with their own devastating salvos. Both fleets placed their frigates 'in harms ways' absorbing each others volleys in order to protect the ships-of-the-line

By the time the two fleets had expended their ammunition and drew apart the French and Spanish had lost 13 frigates to the British and Turk 20.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Ok,... so we saw more 'loaned' forces fail to engage but it looks like the Russian fleet was something else.

The retreat to Bordeaux by the RN/Turks was because both armies/navies have "temporary access" for the next three months. The RN looks to be taking advantage of the 'treaty protections' allowing disengagement over that three month period.

The -2 pol pts by Turkey means it slips from the Instability Zone into the Fiasco Zone
              __________________________________________________ _____________

It may have been an open sea battle of the coast of Spain but we seem to have had a 'Trafalgar' only this time the Royal Navy suffered the worst.

One thing of note - had the British gained the wind gauge the actually would have won the battle. It was actual a near run thing
              Last edited by The Purist; 09 Oct 15, 00:05.
              The Purist

Comment

The Royal Navy and Turkish Fleets established a distant blockade of San Sebastian in order to concentrate their forces in case of a battle. The combines French and Spanish fleets challenged the British and Turks who tried to avoid battle. Failing to evade the incoming enemy the Royal Navy deployed for battle.

The Spanish and French closed in with over 130 ships with the wind at their backs even as part of the Dutch fleet and the entire Neapolitan force refused to join the combat. Seventy-two British and Turkish ships formed their line and received the opening Spanish volley before responding with their own devastating salvos. Both fleets placed their frigates 'in harms ways' absorbing each others volleys in order to protect the ships-of-the-line

By the time the two fleets had expended their ammunition and drew apart the French and Spanish had lost 13 frigates to the British and Turk 20.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Ok,... so we saw more 'loaned' forces fail to engage but it looks like the Russian fleet was something else.

The retreat to Bordeaux by the RN/Turks was because both armies/navies have "temporary access" for the next three months. The RN looks to be taking advantage of the 'treaty protections' allowing disengagement over that three month period.

The -2 pol pts by Turkey means it slips from the Instability Zone into the Fiasco Zone
                __________________________________________________ _____________

It may have been an open sea battle of the coast of Spain but we seem to have had a 'Trafalgar' only this time the Royal Navy suffered the worst.

One thing of note - had the British gained the wind gauge the actually would have won the battle. It was actual a near run thing
                actually the dutch are neutral

I am really hating how this loaning thing seems to only adversely affect me oh well

cant complain about the dice

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                  actually the dutch are neutral

I am really hating how this loaning thing seems to only adversely affect me oh well

cant complain about the dice
                  Dutch are neutral as also French and Naples, as you see French ships engaged battle so why wouldn`t Dutch?

Still I don`t get your surrender, what was the purpose? You know that you alone had complains about loaning troops possibility and my preposition to ignore loaning troops option wasn`t supported by others so it means that we`re continue playing with current rules. Now we have situation that with superiority at sea France can land troops in Britain in 1-2 moves (of course when it`s possible) and Britain can`t build force that could prevent that.
                  Last edited by Ulrih; 09 Oct 15, 02:57.

Comment

• Was first surprised that Brits moved to Bordeaux but thanks for explanation, now it`s clear why they moved there.
                    Interesting what would happen if Spain would order all fleets (including French) to follow RN in harbor and engage them there? Port artillery will open fire? What about French ships then?

And BTW France chose to move last in land phase but I see that I`m first now. Ok, it`s not a problem, I`ll issue orders later today.

Comment

• Oh, crap, sorry about that Ulrih.
                      The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih
                        Dutch are neutral as also French and Naples, as you see French ships engaged battle so why wouldn`t Dutch?
                        Not sure. During the last land phase the Dutch corps was also part of Napoleon's army but it did not reinforce the battle of Saragosa.

Originally posted by Ulrih
                        Still I don`t get your surrender, what was the purpose? You know that you alone had complains about loaning troops possibility and my preposition to ignore loaning troops option wasn`t supported by others so it means that we`re continue playing with current rules. Now we have situation that with superiority at sea France can land troops in Britain in 1-2 moves (of course when it`s possible) and Britain can`t build force that could prevent that.
                        I am more convinced now that the loaning rules are their to help offset the 'coalition splitting' tactic of surrendering to only parts of a coalition. With the loaning rules a power is almost compelled to fight the war to its rational conclusion or negotiate a peace.

And yes, the RN will need about 2 to 2 1/2 years to rebuild.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post

my guess is the Dutch are a computer controlled power so probally a bit different coding

simple goal was to see if you guys got screwed by the loaning of troops disappearance rather than me for once.

and to defeat france troops have to be loaned to other powers.

The game ended when Austria attacked England and Russia causing both countries to big hits mid operations.

Actually England needs the loaned troops to actually do anything in the game. I have only got four corps marker maybe five but you see the problem England cant fight a ground war without loaned troos
                          Last edited by craven; 09 Oct 15, 09:01.

Comment

Not sure. During the last land phase the Dutch corps was also part of Napoleon's army but it did not reinforce the battle of Saragosa.

I am more convinced now that the loaning rules are their to help offset the 'coalition splitting' tactic of surrendering to only parts of a coalition. With the loaning rules a power is almost compelled to fight the war to its rational conclusion or negotiate a peace.

And yes, the RN will need about 2 to 2 1/2 years to rebuild.
                            naw actually forces you to not fight anyone allied with France.in this game

France can loan it troops as I said to people left and right gain vps and never actually declare war. As seen at Valencia.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                              naw actually forces you to not fight anyone allied with France.in this game

France can loan it troops as I said to people left and right gain vps and never actually declare war. As seen at Valencia.
                              It also could work vice versa, right? France by loaning troops could lose one battle after another thus losing VP`s and not gaining anything even if country sues for the peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                                It also could work vice versa, right? France by loaning troops could lose one battle after another thus losing VP`s and not gaining anything even if country sues for the peace.
                                not really

it takes some really bad luck for you to lose a land battle. Or fighting England with its 4.5 morale or a coalition containing a good size force of English in a coalition which moves their morale high enough to win.

If you go and examine most of the battles every single one comes down to Morale. and your 4. morale vs everyone elses 3 morale means you will win most of the time. For you to lose it takes bad chit and bad roles.

Note the fight in turkey where 3 corps failed to defeat your 1 corp and I rolled 6s and picked a good chit but superior morale allowed you to hold out till reinforcements.

The other part is if you got enough manpower to grind away someones good troops sooner or latter numbers will eventually get you a victory. btw only way I ever had success against France.

Note Turkeys campaign in Africa. Lost or drew almost every battle but still ended up crushing Spain because of superior manpower.

You just do not realize how strong of a postion you have been sitting in and with England gone it just got worse for everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X