This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, this time it was tactics.

Cordon is a great choice against outflank and echelon but otherwise not the best.

Since outflank was not available to either army since there were only one corps per side that meant cordon only works against an Echelon. That left the attacker the choice of Probe, Assault and Escalated Assault.

Granted that dr 6 did not help in round two but even if Wellington and his 4 corps were present from round 1 the result would have been the same. The morale impact would have broken the Brits, Danes and Turks all the same.
    The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• Map Requests

I've had a request for more map updates.

I will see what I can do but map updates are time consuming and can give away information in the middle of a turn that otherwise should not be known.

I do not mind specific requests when there is a complicated set of moves to execute or to make clearer after a move but I cannot do full map updates all the time. What I will do is look at the 'new' map for some of the over looked changes from the older online version and post these in the map area in the tutorial thread.

Other than that I would like to keep the 'in turn' maps to special requests only but will do what I can when things get really active and complicated.
      The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

• That was weird.
        Good , but weird.

It seems like our armies work better when they are not being loaned or under a unified command.

Nappy being there sure paid big in Pol Points, but what are the risks in having the big fella in the front lines?
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• small chance of him being injured

also if he loses it increase the political point loss

although a French army by itself is not really going to lose a land battle that often unless it fighting the Brits

England has a 4.5 morale

France has 4

everyone else comes in at 3

Comment

• All commanders have a one in six chance of becoming a casualty and then a one in six chance of dying. If they take a hit, the second dr is made to determine how long they are injured (1 - 5 months), or if a second 6 is rolled, dead.

So 1 in 36 chance of being killed if in a field or siege battle.
            The Purist

Comment

• did not Nap get killed or was it just wounded in one of the earlier tries at this game And I mean somewhere in the first few turns

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                did not Nap get killed or was it just wounded in one of the earlier tries at this game And I mean somewhere in the first few turns
                Not killed. Wounded for 1 month if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Big Political News

Headlines

Berlin Daily Mirror - Britain and Turkey sue France for peace. Major political implications felt across Europe and into Western Asia.!!!

Paris La Presse - L'Emperor Triumphant!! Naval balance shift dramatically against Coalition and in favour of Alliance! Royal Navy mauled at conference table! Duke of Wellington exiled.

Viennese Gazette - Turks lose Asian provinces, Fleet crippled, Balkan provinces to France!

London Times - FIASCO!!

<<see diplomacy phase for full details>>
                  The Purist

Comment

• Hold the phone

I have terms of my own, is France yanking the floor out from under me ahead of schedule?

I am asking for a pause in the game until I can get this sorted out.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Hold the phone

I have terms of my own, is France yanking the floor out from under me ahead of schedule?

I am asking for a pause in the game until I can get this sorted out.
                      no I implemented the plan I always had to pound you into the ground

I surrendered to France forcing you to fight on your own

been my strategy since the you decided to not surrender only thing that stopped it is the illegal loaning of troops but right now I got nothing to lose

I told you France had the game in the bad over a year ago
                      Last edited by craven; 30 Sep 15, 22:21.

Comment

• All,

What we saw happen was a case of one power suing another for peace but leaving other powers involved in the war still engaged. Events unfolded as they did because everyone was looking for the unconditional surrender and you can sue for peace but decline unconditional terms from one power and accept them from another. It is a tried and true strategy - if you post terms and they are accepted, you cannot then retract them. at the same time, almost identical terms offered by another power can be refused.

The only real counter is to have one power go for conditional terms and another for unconditional terms. If a power is sued for peace they must then accept the conditional terms but could also decline the unconditional terms, leaving one power out of the war with much to show for it.

Politics in the Napoleonic period were tricky but the dealings were normally on the level.

In this case the British and Turks were willing to be severely pummeled both politically and militarily by French terms in order to try and lessen French involvement in the war. Time will tell if it works or not with the issues with the 'loaned' corps and fleets"

I have already been asked to do a naval update so the actual fleet strengths of Britain and Spain can be reviewed (public knowledge in any case). This should let players have some time to absorb the implications of what just happened.

Just remember that what can be done by one alliance can always be turned around against it.
                        The Purist

Comment

• Wait, what the frakkk just happened?

It was something that Ulrih couldn't refuse?
                          And that's all there is to it?

Fine, I declare war on France, Nappy can have all my ships and lands.
                          How's that for a gotcha?
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                            Wait, what the frakkk just happened?

It was something that Ulrih couldn't refuse?
                            And that's all there is to it?

Fine, I declare war on France, Nappy can have all my ships and lands.
                            How's that for a gotcha?
                            The most Nappy can do is take 3 of your provinces. He can not take your fleet but he could sink 2 of them as he did to the Brits. Trust me he helped you as well as he could with the terms that he took.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• That was unexpected... As I understand in case of uncond.surrender country can`t refuse, right?

Comment

• Correct. If a power is willing to take the hit they can sue for peace. This is why I have always recommended keeping surrender terms current. In case a power does surrender, you want one of two things - hurt them badly to help your allies, or go with milder conditional terms which must be accepted by the loser.

A power can always refuse to accept unconditional terms

Tsar is right,... France chose terms that have severely weakened Britain and Turkey.
                                The Purist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X